Frontier Communications Files for Bankruptcy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The jacketing on the cables won't last forever. Copper doesn't get along well with humans -- especially when it gets into the ground water.
The Copper Will last forever, IF its not been opened ... when the air gets to it, is when it starts to deteriorate ...
When I open the lead from 1927 ... Yes theres still plenty of it out there in my city, its brand new ...

And thats the companies response as well ... look, its great, what have you repairmen been doing all along to ruin our lines ?
Well, once you need to open it to fix issues is when it start to go to hell.

Thats not Really how it works ...
Its not that the service sucks so they had to go to bonded ... they went to bonded to go farther out as well as increase the speeds.
Yes, but my point is that even using bonded pairs they can only provide 25 Mbps. The infrastructure isn't good enough to be competitive with cable.

Yes, but my point is that even using bonded pairs they can only provide 25 Mbps. The infrastructure isn't good enough to be competitive with cable.
That can be a number of things though, it could be that the cards used are maxed out for speed, meaning not capable to go any faster ...
I have been able to double speeds for some when going to bonded prs, but normally they go to bonded to increase the reliability, less drops or issues on the line as it increases the capacity of the loop.

I've actually used bonded prs and placed service that was under 5 mg on bonded because it was too far out.

There comes a time and place that you tell the sub that they won't be happy with under 5 mg speeds ...
I remember a year or so ago that I was installing service to a home (not a nice neighborhood) that would give them probably maybe 3 mg.
Told her up front that she wouldn't like it much, she wanted to put cell phones, X Box and kids ipads on it, while streaming Netflix.

I told her she wouldn't be happy with it ... (she wasn't home even, someone else let me in) it took 4+ hours for me to fix the cable and run drop, place all the lines and get service to where she wanted it .... (it was the last job of the day, picked up around 3 pm) ...

I'm sure she turned it off the next week.

That can be a number of things though, it could be that the cards used are maxed out for speed, meaning not capable to go any faster ...
I have been able to double speeds for some when going to bonded prs, but normally they go to bonded to increase the reliability, less drops or issues on the line as it increases the capacity of the loop.
A friend of mine is recently retired from Frontier. She worked as a linesman and installer for years. She told me it was done due to the distance from the VRAD. There just isn't enough of them to provide good service in my neighborhood.

A friend of mine is recently retired from Frontier. She worked as a linesman and installer for years. She told me it was done due to the distance from the VRAD. There just isn't enough of them to provide good service in my neighborhood.
The distance from the Vrad to your home is the issue.

You would never run one Vrad to another Vrad and out to the home.

In most cases, the limit is 3000 ft, sometimes we can push it to 5000 with newer cards .. (they did that with U Verse TV for awhile.)

When I left, I believe Every house was assigned a bonded pr regardless of distance, meaning it taxed the service even more as its using twice whats needed in some areas.

The distance from the Vrad to your home is the issue.

You would never run one Vrad to another Vrad and out to the home.

In most cases, the limit is 3000 ft, sometimes we can push it to 5000 with newer cards .. (they did that with U Verse TV for awhile.)

When I left, I believe Every house was assigned a bonded pr regardless of distance, meaning it taxed the service even more as its using twice whats needed in some areas.
I'm just about 4,000 ft from the nearest VRAD.

The Copper Will last forever, IF its not been opened ... when the air gets to it, is when it starts to deteriorate ...
When I open the lead from 1927 ... Yes theres still plenty of it out there in my city, its brand new ...

And thats the companies response as well ... look, its great, what have you repairmen been doing all along to ruin our lines ?
Well, once you need to open it to fix issues is when it start to go to hell.

While I was stationed on Guam in the late 80s, they finally replaced the last bit of paper wrapped copper laid by the Japanese during WW II. It finally made more sense to replace rather than repair or keep putting up with poor service. Pre cell days.

While I was stationed on Guam in the late 80s, they finally replaced the last bit of paper wrapped copper laid by the Japanese during WW II. It finally made more sense to replace rather than repair or keep putting up with poor service. Pre cell days.
Salt air destroys copper

Salt air destroys copper
Most metals other than Gold oxidize in air. Salt air simply makes it happen that much faster. The point is that if the copper is thick enough, it will take a long time to weaken it to the point of breaking. The patina reduces the rate of electrolysis.

Most metals other than Gold oxidize in air. Salt air simply makes it happen that much faster. The point is that if the copper is thick enough, it will take a long time to weaken it to the point of breaking. The patina reduces the rate of electrolysis.
Also impeds the electrical current that flows thru it..causes " static and noise" making it useless for communication purposes

Frontier seems to be running new Fiber around town here. I wonder if that is more for the network. I doubt they are going to feed it to homes.

Frontier seems to be running new Fiber around town here. I wonder if that is more for the network. I doubt they are going to feed it to homes.
Usually to a litespan or something like that...and then copper to the home...litespan is just a piece of equipment that changes light to electricity...dsl calls it something else like a asam ( remote data switch)

Most of this copper lead is 18 to 22 guage.

Also impeds the electrical current that flows thru it..causes " static and noise" making it useless for communication purposes
Patina reduces the conductivity only as it reduces the cross-section of the copper.

Remember that POTS lines are DC, not AC. Skin effect doesn't have significant impact in the DC domain.

Patina reduces the conductivity only as it reduces the cross-section of the copper.

Remember that POTS lines are DC, not AC. Skin effect doesn't have significant impact in the DC domain.
I know a few thousand field techs who would disagree...voice travels as a sine wave..that really can't happen in dc...the current provided is dc..but the signal that follows the path( voice) is ac...thats why copper has static

They are running it to homes.

Strange thing is they are only wiring where GoNetSpeed already is here. And like GoNetSpeed they are not servicing anyone with underground utilities or apartments or condos.

On Friday they setup a table at the end of the street try to sell their fiber service. I felt sorry for them as everyone in ow has already switched to GoNetSpeed and loves it. And unlike Frontier you are locked in at your price for life.

IMG_7671.JPG

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7666.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• IMG_7671.JPG
    IMG_7671.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Juan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Latest posts