Frontier Communications Files for Bankruptcy

Frontier seems to be running new Fiber around town here. I wonder if that is more for the network. I doubt they are going to feed it to homes.
They have been really busy here in Cheshire, too. I have a friend that worked for them. I'll ask her if she knows what they are doing.

Go to GetFrontierFiber.com and punch in your address.

Frontier set up a table again at the end of my street yesterday to sell Fiber, Not a single person went over and talked to them.

• Haha
Reactions: Don in CT
Frontier set up a table again at the end of my street yesterday to sell Fiber, Not a single person went over and talked to them.
My local wireline phone franchise, CenturyLink, has been trying to get in for years by sending out dozens of mailings. They don't seem to understand that Comcast's offering is a better deal in almost every way. If you don't know your market, you're consigned to failure.

How can Frontier afford a full fiber buildout, and can they ever recoup the expense.
I am wondering the same thing... especially in my town where they are building on the exact footprint that the other fiber company did, and their prices, and fees are higher.

And their build out has to be costing them a ton, as they had so many crews working on it and they were working on it 7 days a week. They did my entire neighborhood in two weeks. They are rushing to get this out there.

I am wondering the same thing... especially in my town where they are building on the exact footprint that the other fiber company did, and their prices, and fees are higher.

And their build out has to be costing them a ton, as they had so many crews working on it and they were working on it 7 days a week. They did my entire neighborhood in two weeks. They are rushing to get this out there.
Is the goal to abandon their copper lines and move phone to fiber as well?

How can Frontier afford a full fiber buildout, and can they ever recoup the expense.
In a world where the governments are sometimes handing out money to expand broadband service, maybe they don't need customers to subsidize the build-out. Let's not forget that the government likes competition even if it has to force it.

Did they install the new equipment yet?

It’s being installed as I type this.
IMG_7698.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Don in CT
Waiting for the bids to come in so I can get my new stuff installed in Glastonbury.

We were lucky we just got a nice chunk of change from a Peg Pecia grant from the state which is paying for most of this stuff.

Of course now Frontier wants us to pay $10,000 to upgrade our encoders from really old Windows Servers 2002 using Windows Encoder and moving to fiber to drake encoders. We don’t have the money for that but these old encoders are in their last leg so when they go they are gone.

We were lucky we just got a nice chunk of change from a Peg Pecia grant from the state which is paying for most of this stuff.

Of course now Frontier wants us to pay $10,000 to upgrade our encoders from really old Windows Servers 2002 using Windows Encoder and moving to fiber to drake encoders. We don’t have the money for that but these old encoders are in their last leg so when they go they are gone.

Ya we got the grant, just waiting to spend it. Covid forced us to make changes. Plus everything is delayed with purchasing and bidding. Cox changed out the modulator a few years ago, that helped the cable side. Frontier is just a mess, I can never tell what I am sending for a signal.