Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

The guide is right here, also. I checked both Eastern Arc and Western Arc. I wonder if this is just a ViP issue. I expect that we would have seen more posts about it by now if Hoppers were affected.
Well, it was not just a ViP thing, but it was definitely a non-Hopper thing. When I came home, I noticed that my 512 was turned on and recording. It was too early for my timer, and normally only the red light would be on when it is recording and I am not watching it. This time, both the green and red lights were on, similar to what BostonMA mentioned in post number 131 about the green light being on. So, I turned the TV to the input for the 512 to see what was going on. I only have one timer on that receiver, to record all episodes of Perry Mason on FETV, which comes on at 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 8:00 PM, and 9:00 PM. I checked my DVR screen, and it was recording Matlock, even though I do not have a timer for Matlock. Also, although the correct time is now displayed on the DVR screen and in the guide, my Daily Schedule is all screwed up, with it scheduled to record one hour too early.
0823181953-00.jpg0823181952-00.jpg
I also noticed that it had rebooted in the middle of one of my Perry Mason recordings earlier in the afternoon, probably around the same time that Tampa8 reported, which is probably why it was turned on when I got home.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yes, it probably is. But I wonder if something in the Dish code of reading the guide data is causing (at least some) of the issues. To track that down you have to look at where else the guide data resides and see if it's the same there.
It wouldn't matter. I could find the exact cause and I would never get through to anyone capable of understanding or doing anything about it. I would spend hours on the phone explaining the same thing over and over to people who deny it's happening and telling me to reboot over and over. Do I want to know the cause? Nope, because it will only increase my frustration.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
It wouldn't matter. I could find the exact cause and I would never get through to anyone capable of understanding or doing anything about it. I would spend hours on the phone explaining the same thing over and over to people who deny it's happening and telling me to reboot over and over. Do I want to know the cause? Nope, because it will only increase my frustration.
I hear ya. After tracking down the cause for why the Dish-delivered guide data for my local channel (WMFD) does not get mapped to the OTA version of that channel in the guide (a mis-match between the TSID for that station in Dish's guide database, and what TSID the station is actually broadcasting) and reporting that to Dish's engineering team months ago, this issue has still not been resolved.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yesterday I did my daily review of my timers as well as my weekly searches to maintain them.

Weekly I search drama series for premiers, finales, and new episodes. plus some.

I only found two issues. "Shooter" which I had skipped the 10PM timer to record at 1AM was not set to record any episode. A weekly program that I watch on Daystar that they had changed the name on the menu causing the timer to be skipped unless fixed. I was thinking about replacing the timer, but now the name was changed back.

Today, I experienced the issue I mentioned with the green light being on when the receiver is off. The daily receiver update happens at 3:30AM. Got up after 6AM to go to the bathroom, the light was off. Got up after 8AM the light was on and the "receiver is off" message was on when turning on the TV.

Today, I experienced the issue I mentioned with the green light being on when the receiver is off. The daily receiver update happens at 3:30AM. Got up after 6AM to go to the bathroom, the light was off. Got up after 8AM the light was on and the "receiver is off" message was on when turning on the TV.
I had a ViP211 that would do that. It might be a sign that your receiver is starting to go bad. On mine, it got worse and worse, to the point where the green light would stay stuck on, but the receiver would not output any picture or sound at all to the TV. It would take a pull-the-plug reboot to fix it. Then, it started taking multiple reboots to fix it, until finally the receiver died, and no amount of rebooting would bring it back to life.

So far this week, Mad Dog Made recording was actually Ultimate Ninja Challenge, for which I also have a timer. So out of two timers I got one.

Ink Masters didn't record last night even though I checked yesterday and it looked good to go.

BattleBots IS working now. I was able to make a seek timer for all channels.

Completed my weekly searches and daily review of timers. On a normal week I have 4 issues. The timer whose name was changed back last week still worked. But, I came up with a fix for the local sports program without episode and date info. Rather than use the rules as they are supposed to work, I just worked with what they gave me. In this case, I changed from new episodes to all. In this case the only time the timer is duplicated I want it.

Bet everyone is excited about the new TV season about to start

It recorded on my HWS -- although I don't know which of the several timers I had set was the one that fired!

When I've had multiple timers, I could see which was/were working by opening each timer. Active timers show which events are to be recorded or skipped due to old episode or duplicate. In a rare case, more than one would be active like this year's Tour De France.

Completed my weekly searches and daily review of timers. On a normal week I have 4 issues. The timer whose name was changed back last week still worked. .......

Spoke too soon, it reverted back to the "new" name and I had to restore it. Don't want to use multiple timers. Need to check them daily anyway.

The Purge didn't record last night even though the timer appears to be working. There was a conflict on the first recording so the second airing was set to record but this morning, no recording because it skipped the second airing "not a new episode."

Usual weekly timer issues with a new twist. I changed the "Patriot's All Access" timer to all instances so it would work no matter what. So next week there are no entries.

Usual weekly timer issues with a new twist. I changed the "Patriot's All Access" timer to all instances so it would work no matter what. So next week there are no entries.

Still no entries for "Patriot's All Access". New issue for Sunday night "Sports Final". During the past year, they made the 2nd half of the program, "Sports Final Overtime" a separate listing. Next week that spot is listed as "To Be Announced".

Recorded "CBS Fall Preview" got an infomercial.

I was flipping through my local channels the other day, and I noticed that whoever is responsible for the guide data apparently does not know the difference between Steve Harvey and Steve Wilkos. WUAB was showing Steve Harvey's talk show. The guide listing was for The Steve Wilkos Show. These are two very different talk shows.