Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't get it, season after season my DVR skips random episodes of Survivor. My 722 did it, my Hopper does it. There was a new episode last night, I checked yesterday morning and yesterday evening to make sure it was still on the schedule to record, get up this morning and it's not there. According to the DVR it recorded but no episode, not in the trash either. I have more trouble with Survivor than all other shows combined.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I don't get it, season after season my DVR skips random episodes of Survivor. ...
I used to have the same problem with Marvel's Spider-Man. I will have to check and see if I still have the same problem with new episodes when that show returns to Disney XD in April.

... According to the DVR it recorded but no episode, not in the trash either. I have more trouble with Survivor than all other shows combined.
I had that problem with one other show once. I think it was Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC.

Reactions: wormil
Problem with CBS evening news happened again. For years no problems then all of a sudden twice in a month. Thought recording based on M-F option meant if it was in the guide it would record. This time I was able to figure out what happened. Monday through Wednesday of next week's programs all have episode 376 and original air date 06-10-13. Tuesday and Wednesday were to be skipped as duplicates. All other entries had unique episodes and corresponding air dates. Last time entries had various formats.

Hallmark mystery series again having various issues. Mystery 101, currently advertising new episodes in March, have a listing on Sunday with 2019 in the description showing 'New' original air date 2-23-30.

CW Timer Alert!!!

The guide is listing next Tuesday's (March 3) episode of The Flash as a new episode. ("Death of the Speed Force") This episode has actually been delayed to March 10. (Apparently, the CW does not want to compete against Super Tuesday primary election coverage.) If your timer records the 8PM (Eastern/Pacific) timeslot on March 3, you will actually get a rerun of The Flash's Valentine's Day themed episode. ("Love is a Battlefield") Also, if the guide information is not fixed by March 3, but does get fixed in time for The Flash on March 10, your DVR may skip the actual new episode, thinking that it is a repeat of the March 3 recording.

CW Timer Alert!!!

The guide is listing next Tuesday's (March 3) episode of The Flash as a new episode. ("Death of the Speed Force") This episode has actually been delayed to March 10. (Apparently, the CW does not want to compete against Super Tuesday primary election coverage.) If your timer records the 8PM (Eastern/Pacific) timeslot on March 3, you will actually get a rerun of The Flash's Valentine's Day themed episode. ("Love is a Battlefield") Also, if the guide information is not fixed by March 3, but does get fixed in time for The Flash on March 10, your DVR may skip the actual new episode, thinking that it is a repeat of the March 3 recording.
Heck if they don't start showing new shows every Tuesday then we'll never get thru a season with all these primaries. :mad:

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I hear you. The Flash has been like this every four years since the show first started, since it airs on Tuesday. Supergirl has been just as bad every year since they moved it to Sunday. February is one month when we should be able to count on new episodes because of February sweeps, but they keep showing reruns to avoid competing against the Super Bowl or the Oscars or any other major awards show that happens to air on Sunday. This coming Sunday (March 1) both Batwoman and Supergirl are reruns again. It makes it very hard to get into a rhythm watching the shows, when we only get new episodes for a couple of weeks in a row at most. No wonder so many people just DVR the shows and binge-watch them later. Of course, that makes it even more critical that the guide information is actually accurate.

CW Timer Alert!!!

As predicted, the same episode (season 6, episode 14 "Death of the Speed Force") is being listed on both dates (March 3 and March 10) and is listed as a new episode both times. I hope that they get this fixed by tomorrow night. I wouldn't count on it, though.

As predicted, the same episode (season 6, episode 14 "Death of the Speed Force") is being listed on both dates (March 3 and March 10) and is listed as a new episode both times. I hope that they get this fixed by tomorrow night. I wouldn't count on it, though.
Well all you have to do is cancel the show for this week and we'll blame you if it is a new show.:p

Well all you have to do is cancel the show for this week and we'll blame you if it is a new show.:p
I do better than that: I cancel the entire locals package any day that I am not planning to watch anything on the locals. ;)

I would put the blame on Pagey (on YouTube) which is where I first found out about the episode being delayed, not to mention the CW's commercials for this episode also listing its air date as March 10. ;)

If you have a Fire Stick, get a ReCast DVR. I have had mine for 6 months and no issues with the OTA guide. The guide is totally free and runs out 2 weeks. It has a 500GB HDD, so you can record anything OTA.
Out of curiosity, does your ReCast OTA guide have the same guide issue with The Flash on the CW that I have been discussing above? For me, it would be a moot point, anyway, since the CW is one channel in my market that I cannot receive OTA at all anymore ever since it was repacked. So, I turn on my Dish local package any day I want to watch a show on the CW. (I could just wait until the next day to stream the shows from the CW's website. However, since Dish basically gives the option to get the locals for free by adding them and removing them the same day, I might as well use that option to be able to watch the shows as soon as possible.)

I don't know if it's the program guide or something else but once again my DVR is not recording random episodes of Survivor. It shows starting the recording but it doesn't show the recording ending and there's no recording on the DVR. This also happened on my 722 when I had it.

If you have a Fire Stick, get a ReCast DVR. I have had mine for 6 months and no issues with the OTA guide. The guide is totally free and runs out 2 weeks. It has a 500GB HDD, so you can record anything OTA.
I agree. I have had mine for about 9 months and it has never missed a recording! It is very reliable. As mwdxer1 said, the guide is free and runs for 2 weeks. I have the 4 tuner Recast which has a 1 TB internal drive and can hold 150 hours of video recordings.

crodrules: No, there is no problem with The Flash on my Recast.

crodrules: No, there is no problem with The Flash on my Recast.
Thanks. It seems quaint now to go back and look at my post from early last month, when I was complaining about one episode being delayed by one week. Now, with the ongoing crisis (not the one on infinite earths, the real crisis :biggrin2 ) indefinitely delaying production of the show (along with every other show) every episode keeps getting pushed back several weeks. Since your guide goes out two weeks, do you see the listings for April 21 yet? The new episode that was originally scheduled to air in March, then got pushed back to April 7, has now been pushed back again to April 21 (I think) but I have not confirmed that.

As I reported previously, after years of recording CBS evening news I started having problems. Well, for unrelated reasons, I changed to NBC evening news. The same issue started. Noticed a couple of days ago duplicate episode issue for the end of this week. Problem was corrected before I got a chance to post.