Frustrated Yankees Fan Thread: Where Are You?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Being that I am in New York, I watch lots of Yankees Games. The last two nights were real bad to see a lead go down and now 4.5 games behind the "hated" :D Boston Red Sox (Is there anything worse than being behind them?) Speak up your frustrations about this Team. This team does not have it. Randy Johnson has been a failure in NY. Mussina is so inconsistent from start to start and even from inning to inning. Pavano has been a failure. Brown, no need to speak about hime. The Womack situation is horibble. Bernie's situation in center field was handle in a very disgrateful way by the organization and Joe Torres.

There are positives but all the negatives about the starting pitching and the bullpen has been problematic. I think the Yankees can only hope that the A's cool down and compete for a wild card spot.

Sean Mota said:
Being that I am in New York, I watch lots of Yankees Games. The last two nights were real bad to see a lead go down and now 4.5 games behind the "hated" :D Boston Red Sox (Is there anything worse than being behind them?) Speak up your frustrations about this Team. This team does not have it. Randy Johnson has been a failure in NY. Mussina is so inconsistent from start to start and even from inning to inning. Pavano has been a failure. Brown, no need to speak about hime. The Womack situation is horibble. Bernie's situation in center field was handle in a very disgrateful way by the organization and Joe Torres.

There are positives but all the negatives about the starting pitching and the bullpen has been problematic. I think the Yankees can only hope that the A's cool down and compete for a wild card spot.

Glad to see there is at least ONE other smart person on this forum. :yes :) :D

Aaron Small has become the Savior of the Yankees. Here's a guy who spent all his baseball career in the minors and he is doing what Randy Johnson, Calr Pavano or Mike Mussina can't do. He was three different jams last night and was able to get out of it. He has no 90+ fastball but is able to get hitters out by actually pitching and making hitters miss their balance.

BTW, Suzan Waltman and John Sterling on the Radio broadcast have a lot to be desired. The Yankees broadcast on the radio is full of commercials. Every situation, steal, homerun, strike out, etc... has an sponsored. Suzanne can't do play by play and she ends up doing the analysis but many times interrupts the play by play by giving the updated scores throughout the league. Her analysis of the game is sometimes questionable as well. Last night as I was coming home (late), I turned to Michael Kay and John Singleton on Radio---TV broadcast of the game.---. It was weird to listen (without viewing) their broadcast but it was sometimes better than the Waltman/Sterling combination.

Sean Mota said:
This team does not have it. Randy Johnson has been a failure in NY. Mussina is so inconsistent from start to start and even from inning to inning. Pavano has been a failure. Brown, no need to speak about hime. The Womack situation is horibble. Bernie's situation in center field was handle in a very disgrateful way by the organization and Joe Torres.

Isnt it wonderful! GO BOSOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Sean Mota said:
BTW, Suzan Waltman and John Sterling on the Radio broadcast have a lot to be desired. The Yankees broadcast on the radio is full of commercials. Every situation, steal, homerun, strike out, etc... has an sponsored. Suzanne can't do play by play and she ends up doing the analysis but many times interrupts the play by play by giving the updated scores throughout the league. Her analysis of the game is sometimes questionable as well. Last night as I was coming home (late), I turned to Michael Kay and John Singleton on Radio---TV broadcast of the game.---. It was weird to listen (without viewing) their broadcast but it was sometimes better than the Waltman/Sterling combination.

The easiest way a Met fan (like me) can get a reading on the intelligence of any Yankee fan:

True or False:

The Met radio team (Cohen and Rose) is 100x better then the Yankee team (John "All Yankee home runs go 600 feet" Sterling and Suzanne Waldman)

:D

hancox,

The Mets radio team is much better. I listen to them a lot. Rose sometimes goes overboard but most of the time they do an excellent job.

Yank's experiment paid off. Yesterday I thought that starting J. wright was a mistake over A. Small. Small has been fantastic since taking the starting roll. But what do I know? I was hoping for Wright to ge whacked but he pitched well and got a victory. Now if only Randy Johnson can turn it around for the next 40 games?

Sean Mota said:
hancox,

The Mets radio team is much better. I listen to them a lot. Rose sometimes goes overboard but most of the time they do an excellent job.

You get a passing grade, Sean :)

hancox said:
The Met radio team (Cohen and Rose) is 100x better then the Yankee team John "All Yankee home runs go 600 feet" Sterling and Suzanne Waldman

I am currently in my 46th season as an a Yankee fan, Red Barber and Mel Allen were the best :yes , Bill White and Phil Ruzzito the 2nd best :yes . I don't like John Sterling and Susanne Waldman is terrible :yes . I remember back when WPIX had Yankee games and she was on with Bobby Mercer. Bobby would tell great baseball stories from his playing days, since she had no stories she filled her time with useless stats. What a gagger. I have never heard the Met announcing team, but yes I would say it wouldn't take much to be better that the Yanks team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)