fta channel guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ringram

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
OK, I'm still new to this. I've managed to get my c/ku band 10' dish up and running and am able to pull in the (few) analog channels out there with good reception. I've watched some wild feeds. And now I'm thinking about adding a digital receiver to the mix to expand the FTA offerings (non pirating).

The big thing that I've noticed with all of this, is that it is not even remotely wife friendly. If I add an FTA receiver, is there some sort of channel guide that it downloads similar to what Bell does, but for FTA channels? Or am I just dreaming?

make your own channel guide: channel master, scan only the channels that you are going to watch and rename them. Then maybe add a vbox to the system and put all the channels in a FAV and it might actually be wife friendly, maybe.

He's talking about EPG. And there's not much of it on this side of the world.

ya, I was talking about EPG. But, barring that, I could do it manually like you suggested. Sounds like work.

ya, I was talking about EPG. But, barring that, I could do it manually like you suggested. Sounds like work.

It's work... and after you rename and number them to your likings to get EPG you have to add every channel to your titanTV or Zap2it online guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSR 922 Motor Circuit bad

Ancient TVRO relic from 1980 could apply today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts