FTA in Panama Central America

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
:)Just movd here and wonder if anyone hs experience of succesful FTA reception in his part o the world. Any advicewuld be much apprecaited. Thanks Tony

If your just talking Ku ....Atlantic sats like Telstar 12 and Hispasat , for sure .

Most of the Satellite Footprints for North America don't cover much south of Mexico and if they're borderline you need an enormous dish.

What I would do is go to Lyngsat and start clicking on the coverage maps and see how far south they go , compile a list and we can discuss it here.

For those figuring out the geography Panama is that little narrow territory of land just north of Colombia , and for those not familiar with Colombia it is next to Venezuela on the Northern end of South America.

Galaxy 18 Ku is just borderline in Panama and requires a big dish
Satmex 5 and 6 were also good satellites for Central America.
From what I could see on the coverage maps C-band is the way to go , plenty C-band on atlantic sats.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. Here is what I found on Lynsat for C Band only :-

75 No overage shown
71 Seems to be Ku
83 All Ku
84 No coverage shown
87 Seems good
89 No coverage shown
91 Good but need decoder/subscription
93 Possible
95 No coverage
97 No coverage
99 No
101 ok but not many channels of interest

So why dont I try for AMC3 at 87 I can get a BUD locally, what LNB and receiver should I get ?

Many thanks for any advice

Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)