fta newbie needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tooloney

Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
I have a geosat pro 90cm dish with the gsl1u-bullet lnb. I am using a sg2100 motor, that is set at 30.1* for its angle, and I have the dish elevation at 25.

My reciever is a viewsat ultra lite, and is showing pretty good signal, but 0 quality on any satellite.

I have hooked up a sat finder and the guage goes to 10, but i have a hunch, that I am not using it correctly.

oops sorry i meant to put that,

I am in beaumont, tx 77706

long 94.2 lat 30.1

yes according to the box the lnb was in, i have lnb high 10600, and lnb low to 9750

Look on the sticker that's on the LNB for the L.O. info.
You have to enter the correct info in the receiver, it's not like a PC's "Plug N Play".

yes, the label on the box is where i got the info, which says l.o. freq high band is 10.6 and low band is 9.75, is that not correct?

Sure, go with what you got.

The company makes two models.
I'd expect the Standard 10750 to be in any sort of package deal or kit.
But both it and the Universal 9750/10600 are available on the web site.

I have one just like yours, here in my hand, and the sticker clearly says "Universal", and "9.75/10.60GHz"

yeah i climbed up on the roof, and checked the sticker also to make sure. In my reciever i have set those settings, universal 9750 and 10600.

While i was on the roof, i spun the dish way out of line, and turned it back with the sat finder guage plugged in, and I went from 0 on the guage until it went up to 10. Which was about the same spot it was before. I turned the db knob down, and turned the dish some more until the meter was at 10, etc... unfortunately still nothing on the box.

The In-line Sat meter will pick up on any signal from any Sat.
It's easier if you can bring a small TV and the receiver to the Dish.
Also, be sure to have an Active Transponder selected in the receivers Setup Menu.
The receiver's Quality meter will only react to the specific Freq. that is selected from the list, unlike the in-line meter that reacts to everything.
There is a powerfull Sat @ 91 west that your receiver can not pick up a signal from with the LNB you are using.
What Sat are you aiming for?

im trying for 93.0w, intelsat6 that was the closest one to my true south listed on my reciever

looking at that sat right now, and when i changed to it, i did see my quality jump for a second then went back to 0. so maybe im getting close

"when i changed to it"
Do you mean as the Dish Motor drive to the Sat, you see the Quality jump?
If so, watch with way the Dish is traveling, then rotate the Motor on the pole back to the signal.

when i selected the 12076 transponder, the 93.0w sat was already where the motor was set to, according to my reciever

well I swapped over to a smaller non motorized dish, and it works. So i assume its probably a combination of me not being experienced in installing this stuff, and either the lnb being bad or the roof being in the way.

If the roof is in the way, is there any way to tell for sure if thats the problem, and how high the dish/motor needs to be to clear it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)