Fta Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doubt all do. Would defn bet some do.

If your worried about it you could create an entry in your firewall to block that IP.

UDL

My bet would be if the receiver provides either web based firmware updates or iptv services it would ping the company that made it.

Almost any internet capable STB with real internet functions (not pirate) will "phone home" one way or another.

If it uses internet services from the manufacturer or distributor it obviously connects and identifies for those. If it has online firmware updates it has to "phone home" to check for new firmware and to get it.

NTP (internet time) uses public time servers so a STB does not need to call to anywhere but the NTP server(s) being queried to use it.

Even some limited Apps can phone home in a way, for example Goolgle Maps, Youtube and others that use a API. The API key identifies who built the app and that person can normally collect all sorts of statistics VIA the provider from those using the app.

Very well said Joe. As I was reading I was thinking API but you covered that too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)