FTA Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

naeempangal

Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Des Plaines
Hello Friends,
This is Naeem, I am trying to setup my FTA system, but have issues.
I am aware of the basics.

My Location: 88W, 42N

My harware: Nfusion Phoenix, Geosat (Azure Shine) dish (90cm), RG6 (50 ft), Chaparral Universal single LNB

Satellite I want: Galaxy 19 (97W)

Issues: After setting up every thing I am getting only 36% Quality and 9% Strength that means no channels, radio or tv.

The dish is making no difference, even if I remove the LNB from the dish I get the same quality & strength.

Questions:

1) Is it necessary to connect the receiver to the internet?
2) Is it necessary to install any files on the receiver to receive the FTA channels or it works out of the box if the hardware installation is ok.
3) After aiming, does the dish takes some time to pick the satellite or it picks the signal immediately?

Please help!

NP

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

1. There is no reason to connect to the receiver to the Internet. This feature was only used for obtaining updates to enable theft of service.
2. You do not need any files loaded to receive the FTA (Free To Air) channels, but you must adjust menu settings to detect and scan in the channels.
3. You must move the dish very slowing and have the receiver set to an active frequency. If the LNBF skew is wrong, the dish is incorrect or moved quickly, a menu setting is wrong or not on an active frequency, the receiver will never detect the satellite.

• Be sure to mount your dish on a plumb and level post.
  • Assemble the dish using the hole stamped "A" on the mast clamp.
  • Set the dish Elevation to 40 degrees using using the marker on "A" scale (white marker is visible through the elevation scale on the left side of the nut).
  • Rotate the LNBF counter-clockwise (left) +9.9 degrees (standing in front of the dish looking towards the reflector and the back of the LNBF).
  • Set up the receiver and a small TV next to the dish (probably won't be successful aiming if the TV is not visible at the dish).
  • Connect the coax from the LNBF to the SAT In port on the receiver.
  • In the receiver menu, set to these settings:
Satellite - Galaxy19 KU (might also be called Galaxy25)
LNB Type - Universal
LO frequency - 9750 / 10600
22KHz - AUTOMATIC
TP frequency - 12152

• Using a compass, locate a landmark (tree, telephone pole, etc.) as far away as possible that lines up with compass reading 200 (SSW).
  • VERY SLOWLY pan the dish 10 or 15 degrees east and west of the landmark. If no Signal Quality reading increase is noted, increase or decrease the elevation by one degree and VERY SLOWLY pan the dish in this same area again. Repeat if necessary until the satellite Signal Quality reading increases. You may need to increase or decrease the elevation 5 or more degrees in 1 degree increments before you find the Signal Quality reading and peak for highest Signal Quality reading.
  • One you find and peak the Signal Quality, perform a Blind Search of all FTA (Free To Air) services to log all transponders and scan in all channels.

You can calculate exact aiming coordinates at GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV

88W / 44N
Compass Reading: 197.6 deg.
Dish Elevation: 40.6 deg.
LNBF Rotation: +9.9 deg. (Counter-clockwise)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)