fta subscriptions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was wondering if you can subscribe to c band through a dvb? i see alot of channels say power vu next to them. what is power vu?

no

power vu is an encryption mainly used for businesses and cable companies. There are special receivers that need to be authorized

by the way...free to air subscriptions kinda contradicts itself...if its free there is no subscriptions :)

no

power vu is an encryption mainly used for businesses and cable companies. There are special receivers that need to be authorized

by the way...free to air subscriptions kinda contradicts itself...if its free there is no subscriptions :)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could subscribe to the masters in PowerVu...... I've see some of the stuff and the PQ is awesome:D There's ton's of it up there too, oh well.

it looks like there would be some way to be able to get these power vu channels, on my pansat on the amc and galaxy sats i see comcast and power vu and a few other encrypted types.thats why i was asking about subscriptions

From what I know
it looks like there would be some way to be able to get these power vu channels, on my pansat on the amc and galaxy sats i see comcast and power vu and a few other encrypted types.thats why i was asking about subscriptions

From what I know. PowerVu is an encryption by Scientific Atlanta to work on there commercial boxes only. There is no consumer boxes. From what I've heard they don't want to have anything to do with the backyard dish market. There intersted in big ticket companies such as Comcast or Direct Tv etc. Alot of programmers don't want to deal with the small guys like NPS or SRL anymore either so in alot of ways anything we can subscribe to we should be happy to have it.

i was just curious. i heard the sats at work were just for communications to show how the products were running. i suppose it just shows a screen with numbers on it and words we dont use or know. a guy told me back in the early 80s you could find anything up in the sky with the dish in your backyard. he said he even saw feeds from a pilots den one time. i wish you could still find that kinda stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts