FTA using a Cband with KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelviv

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I have a BUD and also a couple of FTA receivers that I am trying to figure out how to use with my Cband dish. I am interested in international programming, mainly Latin American channels...maybe some European channels for Soccer, but main interest is Latin America. I have looked at different forums but havne't found anything concrete. How do I use my cband (4dtv receiver) with my Sonicview and Coolsat....help.
Thanks

Hi nelviv and the group, it's not clear to me if you are trying to get Ku or C-band. If you want to try and get Latin America be aware that a lot of the Ku band channels are on more focused beams and will not be available from North America. One good exception is Hispasat at 30W - lots on that satellite.

I do not own a 4DTV receiver so I can't help much but I would think the setup would be similar to using an old analogue receiver - use the receiver to control the server motor for polarity and to move the actuator. Hook the DVB receiver to the loopout on the 4DTV receiver.

Hope this helps, DC

Do you have a Ku LNB?
If so, you could get something like this...
sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Dishes/Bud-slave.htm

If you do not have Ku, you could Slave the 4DTV to the FTA Receiver.
LNB--->FTA Receiver----->4DTV
When you want something FTA, you would power up the FTA Receiver, but still control Dish position and Polarity via the 4DTV. When using just the 4DTV, use the remote to power down the FTA Receiver.

ku lnb

I have a 10ft sami dish with a corotor c/ku feedhorn I'm using for fta. I want to upgrade my ku lnb, but I'm having trouble finding this type of lnb that bolts onto the corotor feedhorn, any help would be appreciated.

msrebel , dealers have more of the LNBF-style feedhorns now, lnb built-in to the feedhorn and no polarity motor is needed. Several of the sponsors here sell those. If you'll click on Galaxy Marketing at the top of the page, they advertise several of the older model ku lnbs, some of them are universal types rather than standard '10750' type lnbs. They'll bolt onto your old feedhorn. Daveswebshop in Arkansas has, or used to have the older type lnb for ku also, it's been a few years since I bought from him though. They had Astrotel brand back then, they may still have some. Its mostly hobby type stuff, RC planes and stuff that they sell now.

How does this dmx741u feed compare to the corotor feed for as signal strength? How hard is the dmx feed to install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)