FTA won't let me sleep!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I had to go into work early this morning and when I finished up, I went to take a nap but happened to glance at NASA and ended up watching a robotics competition for a few hours. Now, I should be asleep since I have to wake up early in the morning but I just finished watching the Pacquiao fight on Azteca 7.
There's some good stuff up there. :D

yep I was watching the robot thing too on NASA...that was pretty cool

Yeah, they dropped the coverage before the final matches though. There was a feed on 91w that I was watching but that dropped out. Maybe there was an issue with the feed and that's why NASA went to other programming right before the end?

Hey guys,
this is the topic I was looking for. What exactly is everyone watching on FTA from North America?

I mean, I see that some of you guys have multiple dishes (some 9+) so I assume there is obviously some cool stuff to watch. When I look at list of channels, I see nothing but religious networks and advertisement/carpet salesmen, then I think not many people are that religious to get 9 dishes to watch every priest from every broadcasting town. :) What are you guys watching besides robot fights. :hatsoff:

There's a lot of good tv for free on fta, some of us just ended up having several dishes so we plant 'em! If sev channels you like are on diff satellites, and you want 'instant' switching from your fav channels, without waiting for a dish motor to move the dish, then you just point dishes at your favorite sats for those channels. Tie them together with switches and there you go.
Of course a motor is best for channel surfing from the most satellites.
And all kinds of programming, news from around the world, ethnic or religious channels, foreign channels with variety programming. Ever see a camel race, or the Korean equivalent of "The Price is Right"? lol . There's documentary channels, NASA TV , some movie channels with older movies, music videos, classic tv shows, etc etc. Get yourself a dish and motor and try it out, I'm sure you will find something you like-if it's nothing but live sports events , news feeds or concerts.

I only have a small dish, but there is a lot of good stuff up there.

Regulars: RTN-83W, Create TV/Montana PBS-125W, RetroJams/ThisTV/ABC/FOX/MY-123W, NBC Feeds-72W, KUIL, Biography & History Channels-101W, Pentagon Channel-103W,ABC NewsOne-89W,Ohio News Network - 74W, etc...

In addition there is NASA if you have a circular LNB, and several feeds.

I'm sure that there is lots of other interesting stuff up there too.

LoTech

Camel Race? Korean Price is Right? :) I thought those channels were on satellites invisible from North American continent. I am sure there are some wild channels up there. At the moment, I will start with Galaxy 19, let me see if I can get any signal at all.. :)

While we have FTA fans here, don't they ever plan to relay signals from one satellite to another, like they put a satellite between the two and have that transmit signals from Euro sats to USA sats?

I had to go into work early this morning and when I finished up, I went to take a nap but happened to glance at NASA and ended up watching a robotics competition for a few hours. Now, I should be asleep since I have to wake up early in the morning but I just finished watching the Pacquiao fight on Azteca 7.
There's some good stuff up there. :D

Hear you there SpiffWilkie, I am guilty of staying up all night after a Factory Reset and scanning in each bird, and adding the ones that are not in the box by default!

Then, blind scanning each one in 2 steps if I really got time on my hands to make sure I get it all! Faster to go 4 steps! But it still takes a loooooonngg time for it to finish one bird much less the ones in the whole entire arc I can get!

Now recently, that just was KU and now (well short lived) the C-band side!

Then to go through and edit channels can take days of fun but that is what the hobby is all about you know! The tinkering! :D

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Some shows i've seen on galaxy 19 97W (in reply to hyedipin above)
Sentinel
CSI/ New York/ Miami
Smallville
Frasier
John Woe's to catch a thief
Wrestling on Fridays
Power Rangers (kids)
few Music concerts
Soccer
Mr Bean
good few Movies
Funny pet shows/ and candid camera type shows
all on just 3 channels and in english most on kuwait 2

bevshadow,
thanks for the info. I am also trying to get hooked connected to Galaxy 19, 97W. I am glad there is actually something else to watch besides the channels I have been trying to get. :)
It's too bad there is no TV Guide made for Satellite FTA (unless there is and I don't know about it).

bevshadow,
thanks for the info. I am also trying to get hooked connected to Galaxy 19, 97W. I am glad there is actually something else to watch besides the channels I have been trying to get. :)
It's too bad there is no TV Guide made for Satellite FTA (unless there is and I don't know about it).

There's no TV Guide as such, but you can usually track down schedules and other info, it just sometimes takes going to 2 or more places.

One place is Lyngsat, it will show you what is on most transponders on each satellite (sometimes not real currrent). Some of the channels have links to their website/schedules on the Lyngsat pages:

North & South America - LyngSat

The List is posted on this site, and will show you what is FTA on each satellite, you can often use Google to find schedules, once you know the channel names and what you want to watch:

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

TitanTv is another good resource (that I really haven't used much), you might give it a look also:

TitanTV - The Definitive Source for Analog, Digital (HDTV), Cable and Satellite TV Listings

i'm a christian and i love fta. lots of christian networks and radio networks on
galaxy 19 and amc4. (glorystar system)
and nasa tv and angel1 on 119 with a old faded dishnetwork dish and 311 receiver.
i'm in fta heaven :)
john

... And all kinds of programming, news from around the world, ethnic or religious channels, foreign channels with variety programming. Ever see a camel race, or the Korean equivalent of "The Price is Right"? lol . ...

Whoa, I saw my first camel race on 97W - Al Kass

8km (5 miles) seeing the SUV's following the camels was amusing. Guess they control the robot jockeys...LOL indeed

Attachments

• camel.jpg
    camel.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 182
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts