FuboTV Subscribers See Price Hike, Raises RSN Fee to Up to $14 with Addition of Bally Sports

Fubo just raised their rates by $5 to new subs. Existing will see it next month

New FuboTV Pricing
fuboTV Pro: $74.99/mo. (was $69.99)
fuboTV Elite: $84.99/mo. (was $79.99)
fuboTV Premier: $94.99/mo. (new plan)
fuboTV Ultimate: $99.99/mo. (no longer offered)

In addition to the new pricing in the base plan, fuboTV is adjusting their RSN Fee, which will see the price go up in most markets. While customers in most locations currently pay $8.99-$11.99/mo. RSN Fee, they will now be subject to up to a $13.99/mo. RSN Fee.

RSN Fee

• 1 RSN in Market: $10.99/mo.
  • 2+ RSNs in Market: $13.99/mo.
Fubo says that those who receive a single Regional Sports Network in their market will be charged $10.99/month, while those with two or more will pay $13.99/month. The price change comes as FuboTV is about to add Bally Sports RSNs in the coming weeks.
I never thought I would say this, Streaming services are beginning to look like cable or satellite.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I never thought I would say this, Streaming services are beginning to look like cable or satellite.
Not even close.

First off this is Fubo, a service that only has a million subscribers and is almost out of cash, most do not expect it to last till the end of the year.

Now look at YouTube TV, a service that is almost at 6 million subscribers already, still at $65, still no charge for DVR and 3 streams ( different rooms).

Also, has not had a price increase in 2.5 years, while Dish Network has had 3 increases in that same time period.

Lastly, for a comparable package, Dish, with 3 Boxes/DVR is $118.99, a difference of $53.99, so no it is not looking like the gouging that Cable/Satellite do.

Live streaming already looked a lot like cable and satellite, albeit without the box rental and local broadcast fees. On demand streaming still looks very different, but that may not last as they become flooded with terrible ads, buggy interfaces, and frequent price hikes from the likes of Netflix and Disney. I expect the best part of both to remain -- no contracts. You can cancel any time without penalty, unlike satellite and some cable "deals."

Reactions: John2021
While the ESPN app is not available on Vizio you can still watch it but it is a bit different. You can access it using Chromecast or Airplay from your handheld device. Vizio TVs have built in Chromecast and Airplay.
Yes, I saw that but to just to not have all the hassle I bought the cheapest Roku on Amazon and hooked it up and I don't even mess with Vizio's apps.

Reactions: Mr Tony and Bobby
True, however at least on both these Sony's I can load Apps to it ... Apparently you can't do that with all Smart TV's ...

My Sis just asked about adding apps to her Samsung Smart Tv (its an older TV) So I have no idea if all STV's are suppose to be able to load apps or if thats only ones that use Google (mine load thru the Play Store)
Use Roku

Reactions: ncted
She doesn't have enough USB ports ...
She bought a Holiday special one year.
Does she have a sound bar or anything like that?..you can get a USB switch for more ports but that can cause copyright protection issues but a SONY soundbar with extra USB ports will integrates seamlessly with a sony tv..even will allow the tv remote to control it

Does she have a sound bar or anything like that?..you can get a USB switch for more ports but that can cause copyright protection issues but a SONY soundbar with extra USB ports will integrates seamlessly with a sony tv..even will allow the tv remote to control it
She has a Polk Sound bar currently .. with Alexa, I wouldn't recommend if any one is thinking about it.

She has a Polk Sound bar currently .. with Alexa, I wouldn't recommend if any one is thinking about it.
Sound Bars suck, but she should still have 3 more HDMI inputs.

Sound Bars suck, but she should still have 3 more HDMI inputs.
Not on the Holiday TV's.
Thats how they typically have such low prices, they are made stripped down of many items ... Thise made for specific stores will do that as well.

If you look at the Model numbers, the "Special " ones will be slightly different than the Manufactures Model number.

Costco for example will have a C in it somewhere in the model, usually replacing a number ... Others do that as well.

Nothing wrong with Costco TV's, you just want to confirm that it has all the inputs that you expect.

For example :

This TV is a Sony xr65x90ck (Costcos model)
In real world the Sony model is xr65x90k

Not on the Holiday TV's.
Thats how they typically have such low prices, they are made stripped down of many items ... Thise made for specific stores will do that as well.

If you look at the Model numbers, the "Special " ones will be slightly different than the Manufactures Model number.

Costco for example will have a C in it somewhere in the model, usually replacing a number ... Others do that as well.

Nothing wrong with Costco TV's, you just want to confirm that it has all the inputs that you expect.

For example :

I know Costco has their own specific model numbers, but even that TV you link to has 4 HDMI, without knowing what Samsung she has impedes proving/disproving how many HDMI inputs she has, even the most basic TCL 32” has 3.

Samsung is really cheap on the jack pack for their lower end sets. A few years ago I was looking at one that didn't even have an audio output - analog or optical.

Reactions: Jimbo
Samsung is really cheap on the jack pack for their lower end sets. A few years ago I was looking at one that didn't even have an audio output - analog or optical.
Yeah, I had a Samsung that had an optical port, but it wasn't actually connected to anything. They left the silicon for it off the logic board. Also, I know some folks who have recent Samsungs with only 2 HDMI ports.

Reactions: dishdude
I know Costco has their own specific model numbers, but even that TV you link to has 4 HDMI, without knowing what Samsung she has impedes proving/disproving how many HDMI inputs she has, even the most basic TCL 32” has 3.
I just threw up whatever Costco one I could find quickly.

I use to know how to read Samsung's TV's but seeing I personally don't buy them, I haven't kept up with thier language.

Her Samsung came from Best Buy at the time.

Is that what this is, Proving and Dis Proving ..... Sheesh, you never quit.

I simply tried to let others know how the model numbers can vary and to be aware of what your getting.

I give perfectly good advice and you decide to complain and TRY to disprove me ....

I wish you would QUIT.

The Sun was Out brightly for a good part of the day today, that was nice, even though it was only in the single digits when I got up this morning ....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Tony and meStevo
Yeah, I had a Samsung that had an optical port, but it wasn't actually connected to anything. They left the silicon for it off the logic board. Also, I know some folks who have recent Samsungs with only 2 HDMI ports.

2 HDMI is pretty standard on the low end sets now, fewer than that on older sets is typically a product of the transition from older connections and many of those sets have component, etc.

Either way, lack of USB ports is typically solved w/ a power brick.

2 HDMI is pretty standard on the low end sets now, fewer than that on older sets is typically a product of the transition from older connections and many of those sets have component, etc.

Either way, lack of USB ports is typically solved w/ a power brick.
Adding more stuff to her set up wasn't worth it to her ... she just doesn't use the roku .
She watches Traditional Cable when TV is on ...

Not on the Holiday TV's.

For example :

they also have those special model numbers so stores don't have to price match!!! those days are also gone!!!!