Full 2 hopper integration coming?

The issue is most of the people who answer the phone at DISH do not have DISH service. Many of them have not seen a Hopper other then what they saw in training. So they would never even think to suggest a second Hopper... although they are told to trust the system when it comes to equipment configuration. :)

The system is much better at coming up with solutions now with the Super Joey. Before when a customer said they had 4 TVs Dish would recommend a Hopper and 3 Joeys. Now it would suggest a Hopper, Super Joey and 2 Joeys.

It's just a JOB to them. And even if they did have Dish service at home, it's just one of a few options for getting TV service... Employees who are "passionate" about it have to deal with calls helping get the customer's TV back on the right input, service going out because it's storming, someone else in the house deleting a recording, etc. 1 out of 100 calls will be the interesting ones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

First I'd like them to fix the ota subchannel recording problem. As far as integration, I'd like to be able to be able to set the other Hopper's tuners. I'm fine with the way to access it's recordings, now.

This work around was posted in another thread. A trick that i did not know about.

I've figured out what works for me. If I bring up the channel and program I want to record, I then press the record button three times. This brings up a screen giving a few options. Tab over and select 'manual timer' which then changes the screen again and hit create, after you have made any changes you want, like start/stop time.
If you don't tab over to the Manual Timer button at the bottom, this will not work.

Any other sequence will not work.

Seems a bit more than should be needed to record a -2 or above timer, but what do I know.

Oh, how I look forward to them fixing this bug. They should never have broken it. And I'm REALLY tired of it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Oh, how I look forward to them fixing this bug. They should never have broken it. And I'm REALLY tired of it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

+1. Yeah, Mom is REALLY ticked about having lost the ability to record her McMillan & Wife and her Hart to Hart. She likes Dish, but this bug is really testing her patience. It is a pain for me, as well. Temporary solutions is to record on TiVo, but she is expert on Dish, not the TiVo. Also, found out McMillan & Wife is on Netflix. However, McMillan, which was the series for only one year without Susan St. James, Nancy Walker, and John Shuck (he is in the first few episodes only; then his replacement arrives), is INCORRECTLY listed by Netflix as the 6th season of "McMillan & Wife."

You really don't. ALL those Sunday night cable shows repeat an hour or so later.

Good point here. For instance, The Last Ship and Falling Skies on TNT both repeat right after they air. It helps a lot with scheduling recordings.

I could definitely use a fourth tuner for recording cable channels on Sunday night!
How are your timers set ? Even if it's set as "Only new" or whatever terminology they use, if there's a conflict at say, 10pm, and the show repeats at 2am, the receiver still considers that episode to be "new" and will record it. It knows it skipped it earlier and doesn't just forget about it.

Good point here. For instance, The Last Ship and Falling Skies on TNT both repeat right after they air. It helps a lot with scheduling recordings.

Except when they run over a few minutes so both shows end up using a tuner for what is effectively two hours. If you have more than one show scheduled in the second hour, you end up with conflicts. Conflicts which may or may not have repeats available to record in the middle of the night. I end trying to figure out which ones I want to watch immediately as opposed to which ones have no repeats and which ones do. It get confusing. A fourth tuner would (mostly) clear that up.

Except when they run over a few minutes so both shows end up using a tuner for what is effectively two hours. If you have more than one show scheduled in the second hour, you end up with conflicts. Conflicts which may or may not have repeats available to record in the middle of the night. I end trying to figure out which ones I want to watch immediately as opposed to which ones have no repeats and which ones do. It get confusing. A fourth tuner would (mostly) clear that up.
Then, get a Super Joey.

"Yeah, Mom is REALLY ticked about having lost the ability to record her McMillan & Wife and her Hart to Hart. She likes Dish, but this bug is really testing her patience. It is a pain for me, as well. Temporary solutions is to record on TiVo, but she is expert on Dish"

There is a working around. It was posted in the "OTA dongle" thread in the Hopper Forum

I've figured out what works for me. If I bring up the channel and program I want to record, I then press the record button three times. This brings up a screen giving a few options. Tab over and select 'manual timer' which then changes the screen again and hit create, after you have made any changes you want, like start/stop time.
If you don't tab over to the Manual Timer button at the bottom, this will not work.

Any other sequence will not work.

Reactions: navychop
The problem here is not hardware (limited number of tuners) it's software (this should only take 1 tuner with the "recording buffer overlap" copied to both recordings).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The problem here is not hardware (limited number of tuners) it's software (this should only take 1 tuner with the "recording buffer overlap" copied to both recordings).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That is how it should work. Would make back to back recordings much more painless.

Reactions: bb83
I've had a few different Dish DVRs since the 522 and they've never handled that overlap. I've heard, but never seen personally, that other DVRs don't have the issue.

Please refresh my memory. Shared tuners means if all your tuners are full on Hopper 1, a conflicting event will record on Hopper 2 and leave a "shortcut" on Hopper 1? Also, will the same occur if you have an OTA in both Hopper 1 and Hopper 2?

I don't have (2) Hoppers so don't hold me to this, but I didn't think tuners were integrated that way. They only share recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts