Further Directv question about different locations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wiggy3

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
house
This guy told me he had 10 receivers on his account. He said 4 were at his house, 2 at his parents, 2 at his friends and 2 at his aunts house.

I know he was telling the truth, so the question is, is this legal?? He said he just set up a dish at their places, activated receivers he bought and not his bill is paid by all of them and they all get the premium package. He said he has been doing this for 5-years. Anyone know of this being done???

yah I would think so. So what if you want to have boxes at your house and you have a vacation home, having a separate dish there would be a violation too??

yah I would think so. So what if you want to have boxes at your house and you have a vacation home, having a separate dish there would be a violation too??

Having one at your vacation location is OK now, according to a statement that StoneCold brought us a month or so ago, appearntly D* has laxed the rules for your cottage type place now, but it use to be not legal, but many have done it .

What the OP posted is ENTIRELY Different and is considered Account Stacking and ILLEGAL .

Having one at your vacation location is OK now, according to a statement that StoneCold brought us a month or so ago, appearntly D* has laxed the rules for your cottage type place now, but it use to be not legal, but many have done it .

What the OP posted is ENTIRELY Different and is considered Account Stacking and ILLEGAL .
Do you have to bring the receivers to your vacation home or can you have a couple of receivers for each location? Will Direct hookup a system at both places for you or do you have to pay extra for the vacation home setup? Do you have to let them know when you move to each location?

Do you have to bring the receivers to your vacation home or can you have a couple of receivers for each location? Will Direct hookup a system at both places for you or do you have to pay extra for the vacation home setup? Do you have to let them know when you move to each location?

This is all between you and the installer.
If your good and can do your own install, all the better.

Personally, I would take 1 recvr to the lake and leave the rest home.

Not sure how they would look at it if your saying that you have 5 recvrs at home and 5 at vacation location, they may frown on that type of thing, but then again, how would they know.

This is all between you and the installer.
If your good and can do your own install, all the better.

Personally, I would take 1 recvr to the lake and leave the rest home.

Not sure how they would look at it if your saying that you have 5 recvrs at home and 5 at vacation location, they may frown on that type of thing, but then again, how would they know.
Could you just use Direct's "free mover" when you go to the vacation home especially if it is 400 miles away? I would rather have the locals and RSN's from my vacation home instead of my home locals and RSN.

Could you just use Direct's "free mover" when you go to the vacation home especially if it is 400 miles away? I would rather have the locals and RSN's from my vacation home instead of my home locals and RSN.

Not sure, I suppose you could try it.
Btw, you'll never have your locals from your home 400 miles away anyways.

They MAY require you to have a second account, IF you have to have your locals at the vacation home.

Another option, you CAN call D* when you get to your vacation home and turn OFF your locals at home and turn ON your locals at the vacation home.

How long do you usually stay there, this is more than a quick trip to the cottage on the weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts