Fuzzy picture on TV2 DVR

NoCenterIceNoDishNetwork

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Niagara Falls,NY
TV 2 (SD) is connected to my ViP 722 HDDVR and it is in the basement. There is a fuzzy picture. Not enough to be on the wrong channel but enough to have a crappy picture. There is a Antenna connected to the splitter which is connected to the wall jack. Its not the TV because the previous TV that was in that setup also had a somewhat fuzzy picture. Any ideas??

How much coax between the DVR and the TV? Sounds like excessive loss in the system. Could be bad coax, (I prefer RG6), bad connector(s), too many splitters, long run, etc. You can put a line amp at the source to overcome a long run of coax.

Good Luck, Eric

what kind of antenna is hooked up to the splitter? it could be interference from the antenna, could also be any of the things oldford mentioned

You know what I was having the same issue on our 722 SD2 output to our CRT TV in the other room except about the top 10%(maybe less) of the screen had horizontal lines(screen wide) which were graduated,it didn't effect overall picture quality or audio but it was somewhat bothersome.

If I find the channels that do it again I'll grab a photo of it and post the link.

Try changing the modulator settings for TV2 to something else. You could very well be getting interference from the antenna on or near the channel you are using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)