FYI: Skyvision DSR410 backordered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yuccabrevifolia

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Tehachapi CA
Thought I might pass this along. All of the activity and positive experiences here made me decide to make the jump. I ordered from the Skyvision web site over the weekend. This was the response this morning. It turns out that the receivers are back ordered. I guess that must be a good thing. It shows demand.

------------------------

We regret to inform you that the DSR410 Receivers are currently on backorder. We do not have an exact ETA, but expect at least 3-4 weeks.

We have placed your name on our waiting list and will contact you when the units are available. Please be advised that no charges will be placed on your card until we have your approval and until the unit is ready to ship.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-500-9275.

Sincerely
Skyvision Order

Ebay is a good source. Certain sellers have demonstrated very good practices. Follow the "recommended" guidelines regarding the buying of used 410's posted on this site. I'm not an expert in whether or not there are issues matching a chassis ID number with the on-screen or not.....but but good sellers will provide you with the unit ID number from on-screen that you can then get it "cleared" by SRL directly (at no charge) so it is ready for the new account. Usually takes about 24 hours for SRL to contact Motorola about the clearing of a unit. If you already have a 4D account, they can e-mail you when the 410 unit is cleared for you! They've been very helpful to me.

If you can't get the number, or if you find out the number cannot be cleared for some reason, don't buy. I've had very good luck thus far, and have put (3) DSR systems online total, all new subs. Considering the price people ask for these, I would not, if I were the seller find it out of the way to verify an on-screen ID number with a serious buyer.

If you're tech savvy or know someone who is, have the battery changed, too. I do agree, however. Ebay is a good place for these to be found.

October? Yikes! OK, I did check the classifieds. I'll go that route. I didn't think to look.

Have not had good experiences with Ebay in some time. Illegal copies of XP a few months ago, a couple of scams run on my wife a year or two ago when she was selling, so I tend to go with places with physical locations somewhere.

Thanks!

Follow basic guidelines here of the "integrity" of the actual receiver, and the same qualities in the Ebay seller, and you'll do fine. I found a good seller who has now provided receivers to me for 3 installs, with 2 more pending. Anyone can find 'em. Just ask the right questions and verify the information! I promised the seller I wouldn't overload their inbox by recommending them specifically, but it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together as you look at item sales/feedback/and notes from buyers.

The person I'm getting mine from is a member here. We have communicated back and forth extensively. He has given me a great deal on my receiver, it has a new battery and I trust him fully. He has an ample supply, so anyone needing a 410, just look in the classifieds here. You won't go wrong. I'm sure your seller is fine too, I'm just glad there is still a good supply of these. When I found out my current one had a dead battery, and Skyvision was sold out, I thought I was SOL, but it's all good now. Soon I'll have the best of both worlds, DSR-410 for subs, and DSR 920 for dish moving and ITC DCII with it's full set of maps intact!

About 5 or 6 years ago I purchased 3 or 4 DSR-410 receivers for only $10 each on Ebay including free shipping from a company that had well over 100 in stock. Now I wish I had purchased more.

About 5 or 6 years ago I purchased 3 or 4 DSR-410 receivers for only $10 each on Ebay including free shipping from a company that had well over 100 in stock. Now I wish I had purchased more.

My first one was $17 about 2 years ago. Succumed to dead battery syndrome. :(

I bought mine through Ebay & it has proved to be A-OK.

Just for general principle I replaced the battery. The original battery measured 3.03 volts(Sanyo CR2450 button cell).

At the time Skyvision was out of stock on 410s last year.

I suggest if you get a 410 off e-bay and it works fine swap the battery ASAP. Some of those boxes, especially the GI ones can be 10 years old. Not good for the DC2 battery since you have no clue of how long the receiver may have been sitting.

It takes only a day or 2 for SRL to get the unit IDs cleared from Motorola and they no longer charge the administrative fee. That was a good move on their part to get these boxes running again.

Yuccabrevafolia:

You still have those copies of XP still around? What kind? Home, Corp or retail?

Art7220,

Long story short: We were sold counterfeit copies of XP by some eBay seller. They wouldn't register. We contacted Microsoft and eBay. eBay barred the seller. We sent the counterfeits back to MS and they sent us new legal copies for reporting the counterfeits. They were XP Pro and mid-grade copies with holograms. Sure looked legitimate to me, and I have been doing IT stuff for 15 years now. MS has a gallery of these here: How to Tell

I decided to buy the dsr410 from Wallyhts here on the site. I'm looking forward to getting my sons off of my back about having Disney XD and my wife wanting the Bass Pro program.. :)

yuccabrevifolia said:
I decided to buy the dsr410 from Wallyhts here on the site. I'm looking forward to getting my sons off of my back about having Disney XD and my wife wanting the Bass Pro program.. :)

You will be very pleased with your receiver. I just got mine today. Wallyhts is awesome to do business with! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts