G10 RTN Signal Survey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Those of you who use an offset dish for G10 ku. I want to do a survey for 11720 Vert. Just curious how the crosspolar from 121 effects different parts of the country. So please post your quality level, receiver type, dish size & type, lnbf, and location. Thanks :)

Edited to add 11799 and 11720 before.

Here's my info:

11720:
Quality - 60 peak was 75 before.

11799:
Quality - 78 peak

Pansat 2700A

85cm ADTH
adth.com

Geosatpro .4
SINGLE STD FTA SATELLITE LNBF- MINI - SatelliteAV, LLC.

South of Chicago.

Last edited:
Pansat 3500A Quality - 85 % (Use to be 90% before the drop :()
Coolsat 6000 Quality - 92% (Not sure before)

Geosat 120 cm
LAVA .4
Los Angeles CA

Ok, New Brunswick, Canada
90cm 3ABN, Invacom quad
Quality readings
MyTheatre(Twinhan 1020a)=27
DvbDream(Skywalker 1)=47
Coolsat 5000=69
I don't think the readings will tell you much because almost every receiver gives a different level, there doesn't seem to be any standard.

I don't think the readings will tell you much because almost every receiver gives a different level, there doesn't seem to be any standard.
I was thinking that it might be worth adding another transponder or two into the readings so that even though the individual number on each receiver doesn't mean much, comparing numbers from the same receiver on different transponders might be helpful.

11720 - 45 (down from 60, though I have noticed in the past few days that sometimes it does get back to it)

11799 - 74

Pansat 3500SD
80cm Fortec Star
Digiwawe 0.5
Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Interesting results so far. Seems that the crosspolar is a problem everywhere. I think we should write down our current numbers and see what happens when G-18 gets up and running. It's suppose to launch March 8th. I would think there has to be an improvement.

Intelsat Satellite Launch Schedule

Interesting results so far. Seems that the crosspolar is a problem everywhere. I think we should write down our current numbers and see what happens when G-18 gets up and running. It's suppose to launch March 8th. I would think there has to be an improvement.

Intelsat Satellite Launch Schedule

How long after launch will this satellite be in place? I don't have a motor (yet) and this is the best I have had it positioned...if it'll be in place in a few weeks, I'll probably not move my dish until after so I can compare "before & after".

How long after launch will this satellite be in place? I don't have a motor (yet) and this is the best I have had it positioned...if it'll be in place in a few weeks, I'll probably not move my dish until after so I can compare "before & after".

I'd be telling a lie if I said I knew. I think they co locate the bird and do testing before they make the swap. Maybe someone else can chime in and give us more info. :)

I am maxing out at 73% on the BUD. That is about normal for me.

It does seem that the audio is weaker. On the Panasonic 42 HD it used to be good set around 10 to 12. Now I have to have it in the low 20s to hear it.

on 11720 peak 62 quality right now
on 11800 peaks at 85 tonite
rain is gone now
Viewsat ultra on 1m primestar,stock primestar lnbf..in
N Central AL 32.5N 86.5 west
Doesn't seem to be affecting any channels I find on G10 so far.

It usually takes 30 to 60 days after launch for a satellite to begin regular service. I don't think Galaxy 18 will be launched in March. Sea Launch is behind schedule due to a launch failure last year. Next up is Directv 11 on March 9th. I'm not sure if Galaxy 18 is next in line or if there are other satellites scheduled before it.

The Dish Network signal at 11724 V 20000 is no longer on Echostar 9. The only signal now on Transponder 1 is at 11732 V 3976. I'm not sure how much this would affect the RTN signal on Galaxy 10R.

The Dish Network signal at 11724 V 20000 is no longer on Echostar 9. The only signal now on Transponder 1 is at 11732 V 3976. I'm not sure how much this would affect the RTN signal on Galaxy 10R.

Interesting... Something happened that's causing a reduction in 11720. 11732 really shouldn't be an issue. Maybe Equity's uplink has the issue, running a reduced tx power level, or that transponder on G-10 has seen better days. Wonder what current EIRP levels are on that transponder?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts