Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
g10r signal- lower than normal?

Hi,

Any input would be appreciated.

I was just working to peak my first FTA setup on G10R over the weekend and having a frustrating time getting much of a peak. T5 peaks fine. The only channels I could receive at all on G10R were at 11805 (Research & UWTV) and they were spotty at best. By sunday night, with no further adjustment on the antenna, these two channels were solid. By monday night, 6/5, the two Fort Smiths at 12114 were solid as well (again with no further antenna adjustment). I seem to have the antenna peaked on the receiver signal indication for Az, El and Skew but the most signal I can get at 11805 is 20%. I am in AZ.

Reading this thread and other posts regarding G10R, I'm gathering that even in the best of times this satellite is among the weakest. Would like to get a better sig as it looks like one of the best FTA satellites around. Is G10R still operating at reduced reception on monday 6/5 or today, tuesday 6/6?

I would really like to get the set at 11720 and 11800 but I can't get any signal at all beyond an occasional momentary 10% peak. Should I expect further improvement with adjustment? I've been trying to find a higher peak for days on these two transponders but so far I am unable to find anything beyond the skew that has provided the highest peak on 11805 so far.

My setup:
Wave Frontier T90
Invacom QPH-031 at the center of the LNBF-rail
(Linear ports ONLY, already know not to use the circular ports)
PanSat

Incidently, this is my first satellite system used since I was a freshman in high school. It was 1978 and I was a faithful reader of Coop's Satellite Digest. I built the spherical antenna he published, a single-conversion receiver (avantek VCO, Mini-Circuits passive mixer), a demodulation board built with discrete transistors, and a three stage LNA with (then unheard of!) 0.7dB NF Mitsubishi GaAs FETs. It didn't work well but I could receive the strongest transponders in the clear and others with noise. Being in Alaska with a 14° elevation to a 5W satellite didn't help but it was fun as the channels weren't scrambled yet (it was even before VideoCipher I). Life moved on and I haven't done anything with this since- looks like I've missed quite a boom in the industry!

welcome :wave

G10 is reading back to what it was. on my Pansat 1500 the 2 main transponders (11720 & 11800) are reading 60+, 12104 (ABC) is pegged at 99

Thanks for the signal report. When exactly had the signals returned to normal?

I'm at a loss as to what other antenna alignment I can make at this point.

oh boy....week or so ago. It was low only for a little bit due to thunderstorms at the transmitter site (Little Rock, Arkansas)

Iceberg- The number of feeds on your wave frontier listed on your signature line is impressive. Any chance you could list the type of feed you're using at each satellite (assuming you're using more than just the standard feeds sold by WF at some points...).

How are you switching across so many feeds? Nearly everyone I've seen are using multiple receivers.

I'm hoping I can get one of these to work. That would work for an eight satellite set at least:
http://www.kwstore.ca/product_info.php?cPath=66&products_id=992

107.3 & 111.1 is for my StarChoice sub

I use 4 4x4 multiswitches and hook up both lines from the LNB to the switch. So 74 &79 are in one, 85 & 91 are in the 2nd, 93 & 97 in the 3rd and the 4th is actually 4 LNB's in one

101 V & 103 H are on one side
72V and 119 H are on the other

most of the audio is on 119 H polarity
the feeds on 103 are mainly H
101 V is for KUIL (Fox)
72 V is mainly the only side that has something

I've actually working on getting 87 added to the mix. But we got snow & cold so that got put on back burner :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts