G10r will end this weekend ! (swapping to new bird)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
so does this mean i need to reprogram g 10 to make it g 17 now and still leave it at 123 or change that also around ? this is soo confuseing for me

you can rename it if you'd like but other than the name changing, nothing else will

Heck in an old Pansat I still have names like GE4 & T5 (whioch are now AMC4 and G25)

right now iceberg i dont think i even have the system on track the motor arm is bent the lnb is half mass working i will be so glad when the new dish n motor arrive have no clue what im gonna get yet herd i can get a dish lnb and motor for about 120 bucks threw sadoun talked with them this weekend

Has anyone noticed any difference on G-10 ku signal on 11720 lately. We have big storms in the forcast here with cloud cover and my signal seems the same as it was. So has the swapout been done yet?

i saw a old post about that where either dish network or direct tvs sat is interfering with the signal i could be wrong dont quote me on it

i saw a old post about that where either dish network or direct tvs sat is interfering with the signal i could be wrong dont quote me on it

One of the guys did a spectrum analysis of the two birds a while back and it seemed that there wasn't adjacent satellite interference on that transponder any more.

I've been thinking of tweaking my dish but was checking WSTV yesterday on the 2nd LNBF and the signal was the same as when I installed everything last summer. Since that is off boresight. I figure that would show some degradation first.

That's why Im wondering if the swap happened yet. If it did... there is no improvement on my end.

I have been a way and came back to this post--scared me at first!
So, let me get this straight, the bird know as Galaxy 10 at 123W is being replaced by a new bird?
1. When will the new bird be operational?
2. Will it be seemless to us? i.e. all the same channels at all the same transponders?
3. Will the footprint over North America be any different?
4. Please explain the rest of the posts re: Galaxy 17 & 18. :confused:

So, let me get this straight, the bird know as Galaxy 10 at 123W is being replaced by a new bird?
correct. Galaxy 17 which use to be at 74W until Horizons 2 went there to replace SBS6 moved over to 123W for now until G18 is tested. G10 is running out of gas so it is being replaced

1. When will the new bird be operational?
G17 is already there at 123W and G18 just was launched last week

2. Will it be seemless to us? i.e. all the same channels at all the same transponders?
correct

3. Will the footprint over North America be any different?
probably not

4. Please explain the rest of the posts re: Galaxy 17 & 18. :confused:

see above :)

nothing here on my end in Minnesota

I know when G1R was swapped out a couple years ago they did it in the early AM and I saw an inprovement. Maybe because it's a holiday weekend it will happen tonight. I hate to think there is no improvement with a new bird. EIRP wise there may not be much of an improvement (I think there both 100 watts) But keeping that drifting out of box under control should help keep the signal stable.

ugh this is a tease i read all this good stuff and i cant get didly i want my new equipment waaaaaaaa im stuck with lousy cable lol

Galaxy 10R Status

Can anyone suggest the best source for info on the Galaxy 10R swap out, especially when the swap actually happens? Lyngsat maybe?

If the best source is here, I'll just keep checking in.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

I adjusted my dish on the weekend. Also changed out my LNBF and diseqc switch after they both died. (diseqc switch not switching reliably and one port of my LNBF failed) I previously had it peaked for WNGS, but RetroJams was so weak, it was not reliable. Now, after adjusting my dish again, my WNGS has gone down a bit, but RetroJams is coming in strong. All the transponders seem to be very strong. Maybe they have the power turned up before it gets sent off to burn up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts