G10r will end this weekend ! (swapping to new bird)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
This weekend g10r will go away forever. The new replacement will be flown into it's space slot and should we hope work. During the change Equity and RTN will drop all feeds for about an hour.If all goes according to plan the new bird will come back online with all the same settings. Please email me at us@rtnville.com with signal reports to let me know if the new sat works better or worse then the old one. Thanks Gary

Gary, That quick. Wow with the DBS signals they usally test at another slot for atleast a month. Look at D* 11 its taken 6 months to get to 99 and is suppost to be parking there this week.

Galaxy 10R is being replace temporarily by Galaxy 17. Galaxy 17 has been at 123 degrees West for about two weeks. It was used previously at 74 degrees West, so it doesn't need much testing at the new location. Galaxy 18 should take over for Galaxy 17 in about two months assuming the launch goes ok tonight.

Thanks for the update, Gary -- the headline was a little nerve-wracking.

Here's hoping for a little stronger signal -- The recent weeks have been a little weak for some reason. Good luck on your end!

Thanks for the update

Nerve-wracking indeed !!!

I could not open the thread fast enough...

I think we should all agree that whatever satellite is located at 123W we should still call it G10R....

It just won't be the same without our old friend G10R :)

Getting ready to watch the VNR transmission of the G-18 launch. It was successful, they ended live coverage about 20 minutes ago. Will be looking at the Equity transponders this week, and will report any anomalies. Thanks Gary!

At work, we just received notification from Showtime that Galaxy 18 will take over on June 3... at least for their services. Says it's scheduled for 530am for transponder 14(Westplex2) and 545am for transponder 5(Westplex1).

It sounds like they will be doing Ku services first and then Cband services. The switch will be to Galaxy 17, not Galaxy 18. It will probably take a couple of months for Galaxy 18 to be tested and moved into position. Then there will be another switch from Galaxy 17 to Galaxy 18.

I too was a little taken with the post topic. Hopefully RetroJams will have a stronger signal (or antenna positioned better for my location) as I have been having a terrible time locking it's signal lately. Its been a little cloudy and rainy, but WNGS keeps coming in strong.
Good luck to all the folks at RTN and here's hoping for a smooth, painless transition along with a little stronger signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)