G10r

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bone74

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
What reciever do you all recommend? :D

thanks
barry

I'm leaning towards the Coolsat 4000. It seems to be the hot ticket in FTA right now. You can 'buy it now' for $180 shipped on ebay. I'm trying to beat that price right now.

thx

thats the one i was leaning towards myself. what do you think of the Traxis DBS2500...

The Traxis does not have blind scan.. Personally I would recommend the Pansat 2500/2700, the Fortec Lifetime, or the Coolsat 4000.. These are the ones I have used in the past.

I also have heard the Digiwave 7000 is a good unit, but I have not used one

If your only intent is to get G10R, and nothing else, then the Traxis will do you just fine too.

:( :eek:
You can keep that IE pop-up blocker. I just lost a good post because of it
I know how to turn it off BUT it is not my computer.

In a nut shell the DBS2500 runs ok BUT don't bother because it does not have blind scan. The box leads you to beleave it does. It was free because the Pentagon channel gave us one a work because we are an offical goverment inst. We will use it BUT I hope to help the guys get the 12' dish pointed with my Lifetime Ultra.

Good luck with what ever you get.

bone74 said:
thats the one i was leaning towards myself. what do you think of the Traxis DBS2500...

I just picked up a Coolsat for $170 and change to my door. If you don't mind the wait I think you could get close to $160 shipped with a little luck and a badly timed auction.

$180 shipped is the best 'buy it now' price that's common.

Status
Please reply by conversation.