G10R old movies channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

black Bear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Hello
I just put up a 33" Winguard and hit G10R in about 3 min flat .. Credit goes to all the great info here on this site ... I have a question in regards to a channel that has all of the old shows like Ironside and Hawaii 50 ... What is the channel name and TP if you dont mind .. I have about 12 english channels that are watchable ...

I was wondering G18 has to do with G10 R ?

If i dont have this old movie channel then would i just have to input the tp and scan it or do i need to reallign ? Thx ..

Galaxy 10R was replaced about a year ago with Galaxy 18. The important thing is that the channels still exist in the same location - 123W.

bear you missed it! You're talking about RTN, which is now calling itself RTV-retro television network. They're feeds USED to be there but now can be found on AMC9 ku. There is a few channels on G18 that show old movies but not very popular ones that I've noticed.
AMC9-83degrees west, RTN EAST and WEST 11735H Symbol rate 4440. It' can be hard to lock for some dishes/receivers so take your time. Might be easier to enter the NBC color bars channel at 11774H, 4232 and try to lock on it first. Its very strong signal.

bear you missed it! You're talking about RTN, which is now calling itself RTV-retro television network. They're feeds USED to be there but now can be found on AMC9 ku. There is a few channels on G18 that show old movies but not very popular ones that I've noticed.
AMC9-83degrees west, RTN EAST and WEST 11735H Symbol rate 4440. It' can be hard to lock for some dishes/receivers so take your time. Might be easier to enter the NBC color bars channel at 11774H, 4232 and try to lock on it first. Its very strong signal.

Man it sure would be nice if the RTV frequency was as strong as the color bars! I'm thinking I might need a fixed one meter or larger dish aimed at AMC9. Its been especially problematic lately with all the thunderstorms in my area. If I lived closer to one of our sponsors I'd get one right away. I cant justify paying the same amount for shipping as I pay for the dish. This is by no means a shot at our sponsors. They have no control over shipping prices.

That has to be the most problematic channel for everybody! I can get it fine here on a .90CM primestar, even on my old white direcway internet dish, but of course, if it rains a little bit both of them will lose the signal pretty fast.

Which of the 2 sats are the best one for channels G10 or AMC9 ? English channels that is ..

At the moment, G-10 (Which is now G-18) at 123w has more English-language channels. However, due to the sale of Equity Broadcasting, many of those channels have disappeared or will disappear soon.

AMC-9 only has RTN East and West, but its quality retro-tv programming.

Thx Tron
The only thing is , is AMC-9 is not listed in the sats list for some reason ?
I see 7,8,10,4 that i can remember when going through list several times and likely a few others but not 9 ?
Thx

Man it sure would be nice if the RTV frequency was as strong as the color bars! I'm thinking I might need a fixed one meter or larger dish aimed at AMC9. Its been especially problematic lately with all the thunderstorms in my area. If I lived closer to one of our sponsors I'd get one right away. I cant justify paying the same amount for shipping as I pay for the dish. This is by no means a shot at our sponsors. They have no control over shipping prices.
i have the same trouble here when it comes to buying a 1.2 m dish the dish cost $ 159.00 theshipping cost the same,lol. all because of the size of packaging for canada post. the nearest place i can order from is nova scotia . and that is from there. only chance i got if someone was comming home from
there to here on the island of nfld .there is not to many places here on the island . probably the east cost where there is a much bigger population .i could of got an 8ft mesh dish for little or nothing but i did not want to drive 450 miles to get it .:rolleyes:

...i could of got an 8ft mesh dish for little or nothing but i did not want to drive 450 miles to get it .:rolleyes:

I figured some of you Newfoundlanders had to drive that far just to get to the mailbox. :D When I look at the map, you all look so far away from just about everywhere. Keeps out the riff raff, does it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)