G10r's 11720V = WOW!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, but has anyone tried out 11720V on G10r recently? I fired it up this afternoon, and it was at 74%, which is the best its ever been for me. It usually sits around 49% on the Fortec, but would usually crap out during a storm.

If you haven't been able to get this TP because of its low levels, give it a shot. While I wish this had happened back when The Tube and ImaginAsian were on that bird, it's better late than never.

11724v on echo9/intelsat13 is off, so g10r has no competition at that frequency anymore, but I was never a "the tube" fan anyway :)

is it "off" (no channels) or off as in no signal?

I mentioned this a week or so ago (maybe Dish will turn off that TP) and maybe it came true :D

I would predict temporarily off. DISH has transferred a lot of signals on 105 and 121 over to spot beams on the new Echo 10 satellite at 110 West. As soon as they complete the game of musical transponders it is likely that 11724 Mhz will be back in service for something. Enjoy the lack of interference while it lasts!

A quick check with the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer shows signals on all transponders on Echostar 9. They haven't turned any of them off.

ok so I wasnt right

I know the other day my G10 was pretty high (70 on the Coolsat) and when I motored to 11724 on Dish 121 it was still on (nothing on it but still active)

TSReader currently shows five encrypted channels on Echostar 9 11724V. The PAT lists them as WGTU, WWTV, WPBN, WFQX and WCMV (Traverse City, MI locals).

nope. Echo 121 is CONUS only.....those locals I think moved to 110 but they're "hiding" on 121

Dish receivers don't see them but FTA receivers can scan them ion (scrambled)

this morning when I looked, I had no signal (well no quality...) on that frequency, and now I still don't. Perhaps my setup is at fault. I'm far too poor to invest in and or use a spectrum analyser, so i'm gonna assume photoman is right, and my setup is at fault.

simulated...it is probably the equipment

getting a 72 on the Pansat with a 90cm dish (11720 TP)

I noticed that today as well. 11718 or 11720 is coming in with peaks of 70% here in Winnipeg. Made me rescan that frequency incase there was something I'm missing, but still only found spanish channels. There is a very funny practical joke show in Spanish on Saturdays where it usually ends up in fisticuffs.

I noticied that last night and until this evening 11720 was not receiveable at all, It was showing 14% on my traxis 3500, But tonight it seems ok. I am now getting 65% quality on that TP ( all other TP's are in the low to high 70's range) and haven't change anything from last night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.