G4 gone: SoapNet and G4 ceasing operations/distribution soon?

[ABC News Now is still] around as an overnight offering for your local OTA stations .

I found out that, effective Oct. 28, 2013, ABC News Now is no more. It has been replaced by Fusion.

Here is information from Wikipedia.org @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_News_Now :

ABC News Now was an American 24-hour news channel offered via digital television, broadband and streaming video at ABCNews.com and on mobile phones. It delivers breaking news, headline news each half hour, and wide range of entertainment and lifestyle programs. The channel was available in the USA and in Europe. This station's "Talk Back" feature allowed viewers to voice their own input through the submission of videos and personal thoughts on controversial issues and current topics. On October 28, 2013 ABC News Now was replaced with Fusion.

likely due to directv and a few other systems that dropped g4

In addition to Oxygen essentially carrying female-targeted programming, and it being apparently more successful than Style, that helped make the decision easier.

Any chance Dish will move QVC to 191 and put FXX next to FX at 137? It's so far down in the channel listings a didn't know I had it.

But as whatchel1 previously said, still on ABC TV early mornings.

I think you and he are confusing the now departed ABC News Now with the long-running overnight news program World News Now. The former hasn't been on terrestrial TV for some years.

Oh, and G4 just wasn't what it used to be since they dropped off the quirky stuff like Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke. Loved those. Cops I could do without, seeing as it was on at least five different channels.

Any chance Dish will move QVC to 191 and put FXX next to FX at 137? It's so far down in the channel listings a didn't know I had it.

DirecTV just announced it is moving FXX next to FX next week.

FMC on Dish is in a weird place, put it next to TCM.

I think you and he are confusing the now departed ABC News Now with the long-running overnight news program World News Now. The former hasn't been on terrestrial TV for some years.

Oh, and G4 just wasn't what it used to be since they dropped off the quirky stuff like Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke. Loved those. Cops I could do without, seeing as it was on at least five different channels.

I thought NBC played Ninja Warrior in primetime...maybe not the same as what was on G4, though.

DirecTV just announced it is moving FXX next to FX next week.

FMC on Dish is in a weird place, put it next to TCM.

Fox Movie Channel used to be on 133 (where IFC is now). IFC used to be where AMC is now (131). AMC used to be where HDNet Movies is now (130); HDNet Movies used to be on 383 if I remember correctly. I did not really understand the need for those channel moves.

Fox Movie Channel used to be on 133 (where IFC is now). IFC used to be where AMC is now (131). AMC used to be where HDNet Movies is now (130); HDNet Movies used to be on 383 if I remember correctly. I did not really understand the need for those channel moves.

If you recall, during the AMC dispute, AMC, and IFC were off Dish. Dish moved HDNet to 130 (maybe they thought we wouldn't notice!?). Rather than move HDnet back to 383, they left it where it was and put AMC and IFC right next to them.

I feel like WWE Network could come in the place of G4.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

NBCU would have been better moving some wwe material over to G4 if they wanted to do that before G4 was dropped and now they've lost carriage and will have to negotiate new carriage agreements to get the channel back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)