G4 gone: SoapNet and G4 ceasing operations/distribution soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I still have my panties in a bunch over G4 buying Tech TV and taking it off the air. Too bad some sucker will hire the G4 execs to destroy their channel next? ;)

I feel like WWE Network could come in the place of G4.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!
That's not going to happen.

Firstly, WWE already tried to buyout a NBC universal channel in Universal HD, but Comcast was not interested.

Secondly, WWE is not going the package route. Providers just were not interested. WWE Network, if it ever launches, will be a paid subscription channel, a la HBO.

Agreed. If they were going to buy G4 from Comcast, they would have done so before it was dropped from all of the cable systems. G4 is now worthless.

If you recall, during the AMC dispute, AMC, and IFC were off Dish. Dish moved HDNet to 130 (maybe they thought we wouldn't notice!?). Rather than move HDnet back to 383, they left it where it was and put AMC and IFC right next to them.

HDNet Movies was on both 130 and 383 for quite some time until Dish took it off 383. I believe AXS (formerly HDNet) was on 131 but moved back to 362 with information on 125. Then, it was moved to 167. I know it is confusing with all the moves and to even try to keep up with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)