G4 The Screen Savers Changes Show's Name

Oug, what was once the best channel to watch is now worthelss, surely by next year they will get rid of "the screen savers" (or whatever its new name will be) alltogeather.

They just killed off all of ZDTV/TechTV/G4TechTV content here in the USA but kept Call For Help in Canada.

Stargazer said:
They just killed off all of ZDTV/TechTV/G4TechTV content here in the USA but kept Call For Help in Canada.
I am really not understanding why they are doing this? It appears to me as if they don't want any viewers and want to go under. Its pretty sad that they have to fly Leo out to Canada once a week from LA to film shows in Canada for Canada, what's with Canada? Why cant they just broadcast the Canadian version to the U.S.? Every time I flip to that channel there is something extremely stupid, like some video game demo playing hours upon hours....

This is what I am wondering and they have a petition out for us to fill out on which U.S. channel we would like to see Call For Help on. I think there is a great need for that show as many people have computer problems and like to get computer help. I have learned a bit from their show since they first came on satellite.

Why could they not have kept TechTv? I hear that it was not profitable or something.

so why did they even go through the G4techtv transition to begin with? If they wanted to get rid of techtv they could have just shut it down outright when they bought it. they've dismantled everything from techtv now anyway

Beachbum said:
what's with Canada?
I can't say for sure why they can't or wont beam from Canada, but one reason why they would do the shows there is the same reason why Hollywood has been there for years; and that is it is much cheaper to produces the shows.

leo has stated that G4 does not own Call For Help. Rodgers Cable owns the rights to the show and has hired him. Check out Leo's site at http://www.leoville.com.

As for shutting TechTV down when it was bought? The reason it wasn't was because Paul Allen would have never have allowed it. It was also stated that it couldn't change names from G4TechTV to G4 or anything else for a specific period of time in the sale contract. We'll G4/Comcast broke that stipulation. Will anybody do anything about it? I doubt it unless you have the deep pockets needed to fight Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)