Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Around 7:30 pm this evening, my DSR4200V pixelated badly, then lost DC lock on Music Choice. My 4DTV signal on G5-100 was down to 18...:eek: about a half hour later, the 4200 was playing fine again and G5-100 on the 920 was back up to 80 or so! During the low signal time, bumping the 7.5 footer east and west made it worse. Not solar outage time any more, and G-15 isn't anywhere near G-14 yet, so I'm not sure what caused it. :confused:

No G-15 is getting close to 133w at the moment. I don't know what caused your issue. I was on W5 at that time.

I was scanning G14 and AMC21 last night shortly before 8:pM EDT and the signal was all over on C band. I was using my Fortec 6' dish at the time. Since it's portable I thought it was on my end and it had moved or something. Later I was watching PBS and it was fine on Ku.

Around 7:30 pm this evening, my DSR4200V pixelated badly, then lost DC lock on Music Choice. My 4DTV signal on G5-100 was down to 18...:eek: about a half hour later, the 4200 was playing fine again and G5-100 on the 920 was back up to 80 or so! During the low signal time, bumping the 7.5 footer east and west made it worse. Not solar outage time any more, and G-15 isn't anywhere near G-14 yet, so I'm not sure what caused it. :confused:

I don't think it's the reason for your observation, however in general, I wouldn't rule out G15 affects just because it's a few slots away. All dishes have side lobes, some are worse than others, particularly if the focal distance is off a bit. I once was able to lock channels on both G10r and either the 127 or 129 (can't remember which) sat at the same time due to side lobes. If they should do any more of that sending powerful signals trying to shut off G15 again, the affects could possibly be observed a couple sats away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.