Any HD programming on Ku Sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Al K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
A few of months ago I dismantled my 10ft. C/Ku dish, after almost 30 years of use. I have a couple of 36 inch dishes laying around and I thought maybe I'd try some Ku only stuff.

I remember that PBS HD was on Ku, but is there anything else?

Might find some HD-sports feeds, maybe some news feeds, concerts or special events from time to time. Just have to scan the satellites and see what pops up. Go for 74,91,105 ku at night.

A few of months ago I dismantled my 10ft. C/Ku dish, after almost 30 years of use.

Hmmm, I would of left that BUD up since you will also find lots of HD content here and there.

Hi, Al and the group, I just installed a WS9036 and can now get AMC 21 at 125W and must say the PBS HD on that bird is well worth the setup. There is also lots of HD sports feeds on the weekends starting about 11:00 AM on 74, 91, 105. I rarely find HD news feeds, it is almost always SD or 4:2:2 SD.

Gotta ask why did you take the BUD down? Lots of HD up on C-band.

Later, DC

Some HD channels in Hispasat 30w, mostly in spanish but with some english programation now and them

Hispasat 1C/D
Canal 4
Canal 5
Canal 12
Rut
Tv Ciudad
Eventos- 11909 V SR 7200 FEC 5/6 DVB-S2 8PSK

"Hmmm, I would of left that BUD up since you will also find lots of HD content here and there."

"Gotta ask why did you take the BUD down? Lots of HD up on C-band."

Deciding to take down the BUD was a tough decision. If you haven't seen HD direct from the source, you've not really seen HD. In 1999 I bought a Toshiba 65" HDTV and a Unity Motion HD receiver, both through the internet. The receiver had a 48 hour warranty!

I hooked everything up, slaving the HD receiver to my 4DTV. An hour later I was watching Monday Night Football in HD. Anyway, the BUD's gone and the best HD I can receive is NBC and it comes up to me in Phoenix from Tucson about 110 miles away. It's the only station I can receive that doesn't have sub-channels ruining the HD picture quality.

I'll probably buy a new HD receiver and mess around with Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts