G9 Starz HD Gone...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes I know of the ones your talking about I just don't want to mention them here. Yes they look very nice. The point I guess I'm trying to make is a master is a master be it SD or HD. HD only means more pixels that's why it's suppose to be sharper. In the case of ANY reuplink unless passed through in it's original state will suffer. Pizza has too many HD channels and not enough bandwidth. As the masses keep demanding more HD out of them the quality will go down more and more till they look as bad as their SD counterpart.

I wouldn't even be pointing out the Shortcomings of 4DTV or even the Myths surrounding E*. If only we had a new Cband receiver. How do they expect 4DTV to grow? When they can't offer what it was truly about in the beginning? Low prices! All the channels up in the sky! HD and more to come! Really sucks that its getting the shaft now. Don't it?

That maybe the case, but damn nobody's selling those 2 channels. :D

That is the shame part of it. If you ever did see them you would be hard pressed to see anything better for SD digital. They approach HD and that is because of the bitstarving isn't there. The CW SD with DVB has a very good picture. There running 3 SD channels in that mux. I think Echo is pushing 6 to 7 now for HD and 13-15 for SD, that's just nuts.

I wouldn't even be pointing out the Shortcomings of 4DTV or even the Myths surrounding E*. If only we had a new Cband receiver. How do they expect 4DTV to grow? When they can't offer what it was truly about in the beginning? Low prices! All the channels up in the sky! HD and more to come! Really sucks that its getting the shaft now. Don't it?

4DTV still is a viable form of entertainment. It may be missing some nitch channels but is very good for movies and pizza high tier channels. Anyone who jumped ship to pizza helped it get to the point it is today. We don't have the numbers we once had they all sold out to pizza and see how pizza treats them. So when pizza's HD get bitstarved to death at 3mbps and looks like total crap I will say good for those who jumped ship. You should have stayed and supported 4dtv. You could have had a new receiver with the masters and the HD quality we see with DVB. But some people never learn. You can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
4DTV still is a viable form of entertainment. It may be missing some nitch channels but is very good for movies and pizza high tier channels. Anyone who jumped ship to pizza helped it get to the point it is today. We don't have the numbers we once had they all sold out to pizza and see how pizza treats treats them. So when pizza's HD get bitstarved to death at 3mbps and looks like total crap I will say good for those who jumped ship. You should have stayed and supported 4dtv. You could have had a new receiver with the masters and the HD quality we see with DVB. But some people never learn. You can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Maybe it'll take some new people with a vision to get it going again. Rather than the greed that's putting it "far out of reach" for most people.

Maybe it'll take some new people with a vision to get it going again. Rather than the greed that's putting it "far out of reach" for most people.

One can only hope. I think the next big thing that will happen will be the new FTA services trying to start up. Pricing on pay tv has gotten totally out of hand. Their excessive greed is going to be there downfall.

4DTV still is a viable form of entertainment. It may be missing some nitch channels but is very good for movies and pizza high tier channels. Anyone who jumped ship to pizza helped it get to the point it is today. We don't have the numbers we once had they all sold out to pizza and see how pizza treats them. So when pizza's HD get bitstarved to death at 3mbps and looks like total crap I will say good for those who jumped ship. You should have stayed and supported 4dtv. You could have had a new receiver with the masters and the HD quality we see with DVB. But some people never learn. You can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Oh gee it's all my fault. If I had only stuck it out with my NPS subscription for a few more years, I could have had a new receiver with the masters and the HD quality we see with DVB. Really?

ESPN may be a niche channel to you, but I think 4dtv lost a lot of subscribers because it was no longer available.

I am very satisfied with Dish Network HD. Is it the best HD out there? Of course not. TNT and CBS DVB-S2 backhauls at 50 to 60 Mbps are the best that I've seen.

I'm glad you enjoy the 4dtv SD masters. But I prefer Dish HD. I don't like the distortion caused by stretching 4x3 material to 16x9 and I prefer the sharper image. Dish HD improved noticeably when they switched to Mpeg 4.

I have not seen dish since mpeg 4 but i know one day most providers including cable will be able to pass full bandwidth of the masters across their systems. it will be a big improvement.
I used to argue the point but i do believe c band subscription will go away in the near future...i could be wrong but.....

HBO has a DVB-S2 master mux on Galaxy 14 with 10 HD channels:eek:. The channels are all H.264 running from 5.43 Mbps to 6.25 Mbps. I wish they would go FTA so I can see what they look like.

The only ones that get to see a quality master thats encrypted is the guy in the control room or at a headend (some stations never go FP). What's the sense of sending out a super quality master when the end result is never seen by the consumer. Bitstarving is bitstarving and will never go away (it's all about a buck). They will slowly keep stretching the Mpeg 4 codec till they kill any benefits. Then what Mpeg 6? Once you throw something away you never get it back. I don't care how good a codec is suppose to be. One day pizza will be a thing of the past as more and more fiber is used. All subscription tv will come over the internet, that's where the future lies. Then we will hack into the backbone fiber to see feeds. :eek:

If pizza never came about 4DTV would rule the sky's till fiber killed it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)