Gadget Ownership: phones, tablets, PCs, e-readers, etc.

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Another reminder that the hottest topics might have nothing to do with an average person's life. Resembling the hidef war of 2007...

E-readers ownership is growing faster than tablets over the last 6 months and both are way behind other gadgets...
e-Reader ownership surges since last November; tablet ownership grows more slowly | Pew Internet & American Life Project

94D9F00044BD4D32907B882FA6CDBD4F.jpg

Diogen.

Instead of looking at it in a glass-half-full, I am quite impressed that almost 1 out of every 10 adults has a tablet. and MORE than 1 out of 10 adults has an e-reader. Those are substantial numbers

I'm surprised the cell phone ownership isn't over 90%.

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys super groovy app

I wonder what those figures look like for travelers, and how close laptops and tablets are. I'm a gamer and don't even consider a Nintendo 3DS or PS Vita in my future because of owning a Droid and an iPad. I don't see a need to bring a gaming device along with my work laptop, my ipad, and my phone, and a lot of the time I only need the latter two.

We were both given Kindles at work, wife uses hers a ton, but I just use the app on the iPad on the few occasions I actually want to read.

My 85 year old grandmother recently got an iPad. Now she says she doesn't understand how she lived so long without the internet!