Galavision, QVC, and Playboy launched in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pandafish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
I know that Galavision HD is in test, but is there any idea of when it will be live?

Generally they start channels on Wednesdays. I kinda thought the 3 in test would have gone up by now.

I wonder if the difficulties they had Tuesday/Wednesday with HD channels may have delayed it some more.

I am told that Galavision HD and QVC HD are up and ready to go, but Playboy HD is still just a blank picture with nothing being broadcast on the channel currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be noted that the days of the week, for channel additions, are no longer deliberately scheduled for Wednesdays. Just as one example: This past April, Oprah Winfrey Network HD was added on a Monday.

Got to be honest, I haven't heard anything but when I do I will post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

galavision HD,play boy HD and QVC HD live next Thursday August 15.

ForumRunner_20130813_164816.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130813_164824.png
    ForumRunner_20130813_164824.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 471
Also, I see this appearing on the app, too: 426 beINHD is listed, starting Friday at 12:30pm EDT. I verified that the content on 426 beINHD is not the same as the content on 620 beINHD at the time. (Pic on next post)

Screen shot of beINñHD

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1376528507676.jpg
    1376528507676.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 357
GalavisionHD, QVCHD, and PlayboyHD have launched in HD this morning.
Also added was Playboy 2 (SD) on 561. I don't subscribe, so perhaps someone that does can tell us if the subscription gets the HD and the PB2 channel.

GalavisionHD, QVCHD, and PlayboyHD have launched in HD this morning.
Also added was Playboy 2 (SD) on 561. I don't subscribe, so perhaps someone that does can tell us if the subscription gets the HD and the PB2 channel.

I'm a monthly subscriber to the DirecTV Playboy channel in St. Louis, and I can verify that as of this morning I'm getting the new Playboy HD channel as well as the old channel in SD, now renamed Playboy 2, and also a new video-on-demand channel for Playboy TV, 1590. At the moment, the two satellite channels are both duplicated in my channel lineup, and I can view them all with no changes to my subscription:

560 PBTVHD
561 PB2
589 PBTVHD
590 PB2
1590 PBTV (Playboy on Demand, through Internet connection to DVR)

All the Playboy TV shows I've sampled this morning are in spectacular hi-def. No cheap scaled-up, cropped or pillar-boxed SD stuff. It seems to be the same lineup of shows between the SD and HD versions, but offset by a few hours, perhaps to provide a choice of content at any given time?

The 1590 VOD channel currently has about 50 items, mostly 4 samples of each of a selection of their popular shows. Looks like only SD. I don't see VOD counterparts 1560, 1561, 1589 at this time.

I'm very happy with this upgrade! Wife is ho hum.

I added PBTV based on your post and was cursing you at first because only 561 showed up, but after doing a re-hit on my account, the HD feed finally showed up. My online ordering gave it to me for 12.99 for 3 months.

Any word why ESPN Deportes didn't launch today? Wasn't it in test with the others that launched today (QVC, Gala, bein-ñ, etc)? Or are we looking at another ION here...

Thanks, Scott. Good to know. I was hoping that FS1 would bring Fox Deportes HD, too... and FXM HD. Sadly, I guess I was hoping for too much.

Even though I don't watch these channels, I am glad to see more HD options for others.

Pretty much every channel I watch is already in HD anyway. So there is nothing I am willing wishing for. Perhaps Military Channel in HD and VH1 Classic in HD (when the channel actually begins broadcasting in HD.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.