Galaxy 10R Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I got my primestar dish set up and found IA 5 and AMC 4, this is not a motorized setup. I'm trying to find G10 R, but I have had no luck.

Is the elevation the same as for IA 5 and AMC 4 on a non motorized dish?

What is the skew for G10R for my zip 78155?

Make sure the LNB is skewed or it wont work and you’ll be pulling out your hair trying to get a signal

Thanks guys for your help.....I have my eleveation set for IA5 my true south so when I was looking for G10R I was shooting over the top of it. I'm going to go back out side this evening when it cools down some to again after it cools down some it is 100 here now.

Iceberg said:
Make sure the LNB is skewed or it wont work and you’ll be pulling out your hair trying to get a signal

Thanks for the tip Ice, The calculator says my skew is 36.7 Would that be clockwise or counterclockwise?

Ice,

The primsetar LNB did not seem to work, but I had another LNB that I gutted like you said in one of your posts and that works great! Thanks for the tip!

If you are anywhere east of say Nevada, then the LNB goes counterclockwise (if you are facing the dish)

The Prinestar LNB’s do skew. You loosen the 4 screws on the LNB and then twist the “barrel” portion of it

Gary Z said:
Ice,

The primsetar LNB did not seem to work, but I had another LNB that I gutted like you said in one of your posts and that works great! Thanks for the tip!

that gutting seems to work pretty good.

Gary Z said:
I really like the Traxis 3500. It is a lot better then better my old Manhattan Skyline 1000 :D

Same here! One of THE best receivers I have ever used!

Galaxy 10R Found!!!

I found Galaxy 10R with my Primestar dish and the primestar LNB works! I set this up for my elderly parents, may dad was amazed at the RTN channels and the fact there was no subscription fee! I also had placed an ad on freecycle some one responded so I will have another Primestar dish soon! :D

Thanks every one for your help!

Last edited:
Way to go Gary, I've been able to pick up about 6 of those badboys, just for
the asking. I am thinking about putting one up for My parents also on G10

Covack said:
Way to go Gary, I've been able to pick up about 6 of those badboys, just for
the asking. I am thinking about putting one up for My parents also on G10

Covack,

I like the primestar dishes, with the elevation fine tuning and on the LNB there is a skew adjustment gauge, all this makes it easier to set up. Since all the good channels on G10R are vertical I only used the vertical side of the LNB. I plan on adding a second LNB to pick up White Springs TV. This forum is the best! Friendly helpful members here. :up

Gary, I had 4 hooked up till hurricane katrina came , 1 for sbs6, amc9. amc5,g11. They were hooked to my st3688 blind scan, worked great. Now I'm waiting on some cool weather to get started again. I got a good quality signal on mine ,
find alot of feeds. I've got to install 1 for a buddy, I'm thinking of putting it on
a sled mount, sand bag it down, but I'm scared it will still catch alot of wind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.