Galaxy 16 and Galaxy 19 together??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
I have a 6' channel master pointed to Galaxy 16 99W C-band. I will like to know if is possible to add Galaxy 19 97W Ku band in the same dish?? Have anyone have try it?? Thanks!!

A six foot dish is not 2 degree compliant, so it probably is capable of receiving both satellites simultaneously by simply splitting the aiming between the satellites and using a single feed horn. Try aiming at 98 degrees and performing a Blind Scan. You will probably be quite surprised at being able to receive both very well!

Problem is that I'm using a regular C-band lnb w/out Ku capacity, probably using a DMX741 will do it. Or probably putting the C and the Ku band Lnb side by side?

Take the scalar off and hand hold a KU band LNBF on the East side of the feed horn position. Once you discover the correct offset spacing and vertical placement, bore a 40mm hole in your scalar and mount a GEOSATpro SL1 or SL2 bullet LNBF. I am sure that the FD will provide adequate reception.

Superduper!!!Thanks a lot for the inputs , will post results!! Have a good one!!!

Did a try but unfortunally the Ku band lnb most be almost in front of the 99W to get signal. Its almost imposible to make a cut an place it side by side to the 99W using the blue conical. So I went ahead an tooked a pre-paid d1rect tv real small dish and found 97W in leass than 5 minutes with 80% 495 quality and solve the problem!! Thanks a lot for all your inputs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)