Status
Please reply by conversation.

stargate5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Chaseburg wi
I can’t get my software to upload from USB-STB. The USB side says. _sw_code.sgn : Detected. Model ID blah blah.; H/W version : 1.00.00. S/W version : 2.02.5A. _ch_data.sgn : None. The STB side says Model ID : blah blah. H/W version : 1.00.00. S/W version 11.20.1A and when I click ok it says and click yes I do and then it says the file version is not correct. Please check file version. I download the file. Then extract the files. Copy files to the flash drive. Then I change the name to _sw_code.sgn. Safely remove. Then plug it in. Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? BTW it is a coolsat 8100

You are trying to load the factory firmware OVER a more recent Hacker version firmware, and That won't work without clearing out the CS8100 first. Extract the attached file and load it FIRST into your CS8100. Then load the 2025 version, and you should be fine.

Attachments

• Clear_sw(HD).zip
    146 bytes · Views: 206
broke posts off of an old thread. Dont understand the theory of drudging up an old thread to ask a totally different question but whatever

As noted, if you go backwards on software you must use the cleaner first

I had an 8000 which didnt have a USB drive but you should be able to load the cleaner first which will wipe the unit clean. Then load the newest factory

I can’t get my software to upload from USB-STB. The USB side says. _sw_code.sgn : Detected. Model ID blah blah.; H/W version : 1.00.00. S/W version : 2.02.5A. _ch_data.sgn : None. The STB side says Model ID : blah blah. H/W version : 1.00.00. S/W version 11.20.1A and when I click ok it says and click yes I do and then it says the file version is not correct. Please check file version. I download the file. Then extract the files. Copy files to the flash drive. Then I change the name to _sw_code.sgn. Safely remove. Then plug it in. Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? BTW it is a coolsat 8100

I've has same problem. I just dnld the clear program maybe it will help me too. I alredy have the other one but never could get it to load in the 8100.

Last edited:
Here is an old thread on the subject. http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/185125-coolsat-8100-hd-help.html . In it, BJ, one of our members reiterates that the Clean_HD bin file has to be loaded using a cable connection, rather than from the usb stick. Having only had a CS8000, several , in fact, I KNOW the cable connection load works. I can't speak to the USB loading of the Clean_HD file. I'd recommend you pursuing the idea of downloading via a null modem cable from a PC, using the CSUpgrade software.
:)

could someone please tell me where i can download the v. 3.01 upgrade loader that doesnt require me to pay money for membership.

got it to work thanks. i bought a serial to usb converter and used that. got upgrade 3.01. found what port i was using com 3. opened the port. ran the cleaner. ran 2025A. and now it works. thanks everyone that answered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts