Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
Is it possible to get The CW on Galaxy 17? My setting are:

H
3/4

Signal 72
Quality 99

But I don't pick up anything on that transponder. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help in advance.

Manual pid entry required. You cannot just scan them in, it's missing the info that causes scans to lock.

I don't know about the SV Elite but the typical two options are to do an individual scan of that 3720 freq and manually input the PID's for each of the three channels. this is providing your stb allows manual PID entry, take a look and see if it has the option in maybe an "advanced" mode of some sort. You have to scan once for each channel, the first scan must have the PID's 101 / 102 / 101, this will bring in the first CW, the second scan should have 201 / 202 / 201, and the third 301 / 302 / 301

If your Elite doesn't allow manual entry of PID's then you can try another method. Pick another channel on the same sat that you don't want, you may want to scan in some extra channels before trying this, you'll then have some odd's and end's to work with. Then see if you can manually edit the PID settings in the stb's channel editor and manually change the freq, SR, FEC, and PID's to the CW data. If you can manually change the settings then it will bring in the CW's.

If your Elite doesn't allow PID editing either way, then your other option is to use a channel editing software such as Channel Master if CM supports your stb. If none of these work then post back and we can guide you into one last option of using a TP from another satellite. God luck :)

I have the same troubles..

I have almost same problems with the CW, I know how to enter the "pids" manually on the Pansat 250SM but no matter what I do I can't get it to see the CW stations...CM does not support the 250 but it really bugs me I can't get it to see the CW's...

I think I will try to see if I can edit one of the channels and see if I can get in like you are saying McGuyver...that is something I have no tried..

CW mux

Here's a screen shot of my Coolsat advanced scan menu, follow the instructions.

Attachments

• CW scan s01.JPG
    CW scan s01.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 292
I have almost same problems with the CW, I know how to enter the "pids" manually on the Pansat 250SM but no matter what I do I can't get it to see the CW stations...CM does not support the 250 but it really bugs me I can't get it to see the CW's...

I think I will try to see if I can edit one of the channels and see if I can get in like you are saying McGuyver...that is something I have no tried..

Hey Ironsides, if you have an existing channel to edit, you've half the battle won. but know this, you'll need 3 doner channels to get all 3 CW's. it's gotta work for you :D

I found where to add pid, but when I do, I still don't get anything. Should I be able to pick them up on transponder scan, or don I have to Blind scan when you add pids?

I found where to add pid, but when I do, I still don't get anything. Should I be able to pick them up on transponder scan, or don I have to Blind scan when you add pids?

Blind scan won't work as it disregards anything you input. Thats the way Blind works. you have to do it the ways I presented. I might suggest if it doesn't scan the first time, keep trying over again, it may take 5 attempts and if it still doesn't work then try method two.

make sure the PID's are put in the correct slots, the first number is video, then audio and pcr, your menu may have them in another order, just match them up correctly and check the other settings to be sure

Got it. I don't have to scan. It detect it when you type in the channel name ofter hitting the enter key after entering the number. Save when leave setup. Thanks alot you guys. Would not have been able to do it without you. Learning more about this every day. The more I learn the more I want to learn.

i tired

Well, I tried it and it didn't work..man this has to be something simple. I did notice the channels it scans in on it's own are off some compaired to The List in frequency. But still it should see the channels I would think..

The thing I don't understand is I can manually enter in some "pids" and it finds them with no problem...

It just will not see the CW stations...that confuses me.

I went to MENU--Installation---Dish Setting---Went the transponder---Blue button to Add PID---All of my pids are 8192 for some reason. I changed the PIDs to 101, 102, 101, the hit the ok button, the a keyboard popped up and I typed in the name of the channel and hit OK. Exxited out of the Menu and pushed the ceter button and there it was in the channel menu. I hit the button and yes it is The CW channel. Did not have to do a scan. I did the same with the other twe CW channels and now they are there. Thanks to all of you that got me there and I hope this may help you Ironsides or anyone else that may have enter PID's manually . My receiver is a Sonicview 360 Elite.

Well, I tried it and it didn't work..man this has to be something simple. I did notice the channels it scans in on it's own are off some compaired to The List in frequency. But still it should see the channels I would think..

The thing I don't understand is I can manually enter in some "pids" and it finds them with no problem...

It just will not see the CW stations...that confuses me.

Hey Bro, can you post some screen shots of your menu windows?

Yes I can, but i've never done it before, I'll give it a try. Be patient. I'll take some pictures and post them.

frequencies can be off by 1 or 2 and not hurt anything. That is due to the stability of the LNB and blind scanning. If its off by more than 4 then you have to start worrying :)

The Frequency

frequencies can be off by 1 or 2 and not hurt anything. That is due to the stability of the LNB and blind scanning. If its off by more than 4 then you have to start worrying :)

The V or H frequencies are only off by 2 or 3 but the symbol rates are off by right much. I noticed my 2700 is much the same and my Neusat is pretty much dead on.

I don't have a way to post any screen shots and I know that would be helpful but I don't have a way.

I thought it my be a firmware issue and it could still be I guess. But funny I can stick it on my Primestar dish and scan in almost every channel without any dups. I can manually add the channels it's missing without any problems. So that begs a HUH!!! Or in my terms a WTF!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts