Galaxy 19 - 97.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hyewiz

Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Hello all, its been a while I have stayed away from all this
I need your help, with Viewsat VS2000 Ultra I have set it to get FTA Channels aimed at at my time Intelsat 5 or Galaxy 25, and now I see its Galaxy-19
what I like to know do I need to Update any new file or any new factory files I think I am not getting the complete channels don't forget since last 6 to 7 years I did not touch the receiver files.

Please advise

thank you

how many channels are you scanning in?

about 110 plus the satellite list I don't see the Galaxy 19 I am locked on Galaxy 25 97W

galaxy 25 changed to galaxy 19. this is the same satellite but a different name until i get corrected. 110 is less than half the channels on g19 but if you are getting the same channel that you want to watch, i don't thing there is a problem. charlie

Last edited:
You can rename I'm sure to G19. I not familiar with the viewsat, but most can. The receiver really don't care if you call it Bob. It is really so the user will know what is what. Unless I am wrong most of the stuff on G19/G25 is still dvb-s, so your receiver should get all the channels. What is your dish setup? What kind of signal readings are you getting?

Last edited:
i have 39" dish with Linear LNB
S: around 80-85s
Q: very lo something around max 60's

Hi hyewiz!

Sometimes if I'm off on the azimuth even slightly, I can't get some of the transponders on Galaxy 19. But as you are missing over half of them, it makes me think your receiver may be getting just the horizontal or vertical polarity beams, when you need to be getting both. Is there a way that you can post which transponder frequencies you are getting channels on?

There are no factory files for this receiver, it was make for a different purpose which won't be discussed here. The blind scan on this receiver at least on mine was none existant. You can't rename a satellite, however you can enter a new one, but I can't remember how you do that and I no longer have the manual. If you are only receiving half the channels, I would bring the dish back to center and make sure your LNB is 90 degrees to the center line. I would strongly suggest you look for another receiver. There are several models that can be purchased for a reasonable price. I have 2 openbox which work fine for me. Others can probably advise you better.

hmmm...trying to find a copy of the manual online. Try going to a channel and pressing the INFO key (you may need to do it twice to get the frequency)...

But even better, if I found the correct manual, I see your receiver does blind scan! Have you run a blind scan yet? If so, I see the screen has a lower left-hand box that either shows at the top "Searching: V (or H)". It needs to be doing both :)

Here is the link to the manual: http://www.sat-sales.com/documents/VS2000-Manual-rev0106.pdf If this isn't your receiver, then oops, sorry!

You guys are amazing with your fast replies and knowledge, At present I am not at home I will try all this by the weekend and post the results so you can help me out, I guess like you have mentioned it is better to change the receiver. will see.

Just keep us updated and we will be glad to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts