Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Nov. 15 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Per request, as of this update, I have added a column showing when each channel was updated/added. I'm not sure of how much use this will be, but I'm willing to give it a try for a while. The problem is that often a change is very simple, for example from colored bars to a slate. Also if a channel leaves the air, such as PMC Music just did (I know, sad!), obviously you won't see a date of change since it will have been deleted. Furthermore, I usually state all changes in red italics on the cover page. In other words, it's an experiment. Entering the PIDs was a suggestion that would have been too time consuming, and isn't necessary for most modern STBs or tuners.

I should also say, be prepared for this update to be outdated almost immediately. Globecast is continuing its shift of some channels onto other transponders. Today I noted that Belarus 24 now has a duplicate on the Ebru TV transponder. Some of these duplicates will be removed in the coming days (Nov. 18 for some channels). ViewSat's new transponder continues to add new channels as well. So if you see something change on 97W, feel free to post and let everyone know. I'm standing by to update, but it's sometimes not possible for me to upload everything until the weekend.

Attachments

• Galaxy19Guide-15nov2013.xls
    243.5 KB · Views: 318
Thanks! I saw that just today, along with IBC Vietnamese starting their broadcasts. A few new ones on the ViewSat transponder. Yay! Will be doing an update later this week

Main US satellite

So is this the main US satellite (over 200 channels) or are there more sat's that are interesting for the US. I am interested as I am considering to add a dish. Looking at Satmex6 at this point.

So is this the main US satellite (over 200 channels) or are there more sat's that are interesting for the US. I am interested as I am considering to add a dish. Looking at Satmex6 at this point.
There is no "main" US satellite. There are many more open channels on this satellite than most however. There are a few channels on quite a few satellites of interest. For good FTA selection you need motorized Ku and C-band dishes. Or space to put up a dish for every satellite you wish to see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)