Galaxy 19 might have chanels on it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Take this with a grain of salt...G19 is now at 97 (as of this past Sunday or Monday)

Tonight I moved the big dish out to see maybe if channels started moving to it from G25. One of the channels i watch is AMGTV (Because they have wrestling on it) ;) Use to take a good 15 minutes to get it tweaked to 30 quality and be stable because G25 was weak..only decent signal was KCSG which was at 55-60.

Move the dish out, drop it off the two wheeler and plug in the TV/FTA box. Bring up AMGTV and right away 30 quality...I'm like "yeah right". Tweaked the dish and now I have a strong and stable 60 quality on AMGTV and 90 on KCSG. I can actually move the dish a little bit E or W and see signal fluxuate between 30-60 instead of
0-10-30-10-0 like I use to see if I barely leaned into the dish

ALso I noticed most of the KU stuff registers around 72-73 on the Coolsat with a few up to 80...there use to be some at 67-68

I dont know how much has moved to G19 but if this is a start I like :D

I think you just got lucky and hit it dead-on on the first try......?

he, he, he, he.....

But I hope you're right, as I sometimes have trouble with one (some) of the CBS HD feeds..!!!

I've been watching the horizontal side of Galaxy 25 Cband for any change in activity. Only two transponders seem to have been active in the last few months. If something new pops up there, it will most likely be coming from Galaxy 19. Nothing new so far.

Galaxy 19 should be in-service today, if all goes planned, according to intelsat.

I just didn't want to post this sooner (say about a week ago when I got the info) and miss out on the joyful reports of people with marginal dishes getting better signals. ;)

I am very grateful for the new G19.... I live in the USVI in the Caribbean and my signal qualities are ridiculously HIGH :cool: On both "Safe TV" and "Doc Scott" which in the past traditionally had the lowest levels in the 30's - 40's :eek: are now holding steady in the mid to upper 90's... PTL! I am definitely a happy camper!!!:D :up

Thanks for the info, Ice! Might have to check it..keep us updated. Don't have C-band though, only Ku... Anything showing up Ku, or just Cband?

reports of people with marginal dishes getting better signals. ;)

This was the only sat I was having issues with on signals and that was due to the footprint and being in Minnesota.

All my other sats come in fine (well the ones that I actually watch stuff on) :)

No good amelioration on Ku band for the moment, but G19 is at 97,2W for now, not at 97W exactly.

Hmmm...strange thing: hxxp://www.n2yo.com/?s=33376 said that G19 is now (friday morning) at 97,27W (was at 97,20W last night)

and hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/galaxy19.html said 97,32W....then moving very slowly to the east again...I'm very confused. :confused:

After another check on Ku band, no tp is stronger than before, I think that Ku band channels are on G25 for now. :confused:

The tp 11931 V 22000 is now on. I don't know if it comes from G25 ou G19 but here are the same channels than tp 11716 V.

This was the only sat I was having issues with on signals and that was due to the footprint and being in Minnesota.

All my other sats come in fine (well the ones that I actually watch stuff on) :)

I could never get a hint of G25 on my six footer in south florida,but now AMG is booming in at 82 quality on myCS8000. Definate improvement,99 and 95 were so strong that with the small dish i could not see 97 on the C-band side.

Take this with a grain of salt...G19 is now at 97 (as of this past Sunday or Monday)

Tonight I moved the big dish out to see maybe if channels started moving to it from G25. One of the channels i watch is AMGTV (Because they have wrestling on it) ;) Use to take a good 15 minutes to get it tweaked to 30 quality and be stable because G25 was weak..only decent signal was KCSG which was at 55-60.

Move the dish out, drop it off the two wheeler and plug in the TV/FTA box. Bring up AMGTV and right away 30 quality...I'm like "yeah right". Tweaked the dish and now I have a strong and stable 60 quality on AMGTV and 90 on KCSG. I can actually move the dish a little bit E or W and see signal fluxuate between 30-60 instead of
0-10-30-10-0 like I use to see if I barely leaned into the dish

ALso I noticed most of the KU stuff registers around 72-73 on the Coolsat with a few up to 80...there use to be some at 67-68

I dont know how much has moved to G19 but if this is a start I like :D

Thanks Iceberg, you did say that we should be seeing some activity by mid November.

I could never get a hint of G25 on my six footer in south florida,but now AMG is booming in at 82 quality on myCS8000. Definate improvement,99 and 95 were so strong that with the small dish i could not see 97 on the C-band side.

same here :)
Havent tried AMGTV on the 8000 yet but on the Pansat 1500 it is around 60

Scott that sounds like your dish wasnt aimed properly. That transponder and most on G25 have been fine all summer

Yeah as I mentioned last week, I figured out I can fine tune my dish with DISEQ 1.2 I was using usals before to move the dish. :)

Listing to Mike Kohl now.

Move dish

Hey guys when all the channels move to G19 we don't have to move the dish or tweak it any way right? just rescan the channels maybe right?

you wont have to do anything....in fact some are already on G19 and you dont know it ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts