Galaxy 19 not on the sat list in Coolsat 6100. Need help with setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian, your directions really helped, especially using angle finder on the LNB arm. Though my mast was plumb, the scale on the antenna was at least 8 degrees off.

Now re. mast, is there a better solution for mounting them on Juliette type balcony, especially when I need to have it above the window line to avoid blocking sun for my neighbors?
Unfortunately landlord will not let me drill into walls. Right now I have a 6' pipe with that mount on top.
So, another newbie reported that he had problem with elevation scale on the dish (at least 8 degrees off !). Earlier in this thread, there was a link to Duke Pittsburgh thread, where he reported his elevation scale was 11 degrees off. Isn't it a pattern? It looks that newbies have difficulty with finding PROPER markings on the dish, when setting up the dish's elevation. Newbies lose hours of time in aiming the dishes, while good-intentioned and very friendly, experienced members try to find and offer advice how to fix the problem. Seems we need a good "sticky" post to address this elevation problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)