Galaxy 19 Religous Stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

absolutesantaja

Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
North New Jersey
I've already seen several old threads that were discussing this but I haven't been able to find anything newer. Over the pass week I've realigned several 36" dishes from 101W to 97W for the Seventh-Day Adventist stations that moved. Overall this has been a very frustrating experience.

I'm using a dual channel master satellite meter that I had been doing Wildblue installs with and have never had this much trouble finding a satellite. I've usually had to find G3 at 95w or g16 at 99 and keep playing between those two but I've never gotten a very high quality reading. The tp is 11842 and SR 22000. Is this just a really low powered tp or is there another trick I can use.

I feel kinda ridiculous having to resort back to dragging a TV and receiver out to do my setups.

Thanks
Shawn

im not sure what your trying to ask....are you looking to aim at 97w and can not find it?....what TP are you selecting while aiming?....try 11898

No i've been finding it, its just taking a really long time and i'm still having to rely on the receiver instead of my meter. I'm just trying to find a better way to do this.

I've still got several too move and running back inside the person's house ever little bit its getting old. Not sure how using a different freq will help I need to be peeked on 11842 since thats all they are going to be watching. I can get good signal on one of the other tp and having nothing on 11842.

some TPs are stronger in certain areas....so its normal to have some TPs stronger than other TPs on the same satellite....you might need a bigger dish for that TP in your area....

One trick I used was to take a medium tip sharpie marker and using a ruler make a vertical line on the bracket and pole. Rotate the dish to the left until the left edge of the line on the bracket matches the right edge of the line on the pole. At least in Ohio this puts the dish in perfect alignment for G-19.

The distance you need to rotate the dish might not be the same where you are but if you do this on one dish and then remember where the marks line up it will save you a huge amount of time on the rest of your reaims.

Do the same marker line trick for the elevation.

Also I had problems with some of the older dishes that were slightly warped. They worked fine on AMC4 but when moved to G19, I could not lock the adventist stations. After working for almost an hour on one dish I took the dish down straightened the dish and then locked the signal within seconds of putting the dish back. Now the first thing I do is check the dish to see if it is warped. You can do that by looking from one edge to the other edge with one eye closed to see if near side and far side form one line.

Also some of the older dishes are flimsy and if you rotate them by holding onto the dish rim it will warp them. So they worked fine on AMC4 and then once moved to G19 they won't work. But thru the process of moving the dish back and forth you might warp and then pushing the other direction unwarp the dish. Making it a frustrating re-aim! Always rotate the dish by holding the bracked not the dish.

I also hate draging an extension cord, TV and receiver out to the dish. I just started using one of these and I think it is going to work well for me.

3.5" Color LCD Satellite Sat Finder Signal Meter TV - eBay (item 270643189346 end time Oct-31-10 00:37:48 PDT)

I have never be able to perfectly peak a dish with the analog meters but maybe the channel master meter is better than the analog meter I use.

An analog meter always "pulls" you toward the strongest nearby satellite. The Sharpie marker trick will get you very close without even using the meter.

Also remember for different sized poles the rotation distance will be slighty different.

Last edited:
I'm watching it now.I do find this transponder slightly weaker than some on 97w.Sometimes these 2 channels pixilate terribly around 8 AM AT (7 ET) when I first turn on the TV (but not 101,83w).

i just checked that TP....i am watching the "amazing discoveries" channel right now and getting 70 signal and 95 quality....using a 39 inch dish north of the border....latitude 44.5N....

If you can, find a used Super Buddy - It is the best meter out there for this job! I bought a 2nd one used so that I will never be without a meter - even if I had to send it in for new batteries. I bought one on Craig's list and one from Ebay for less then a new one.
Bob

I may have missed a posting on this item but have you looked at the First Strike FS-1 digital satellite meter. For the price I think it a good buy and I know it's on my shopping list this year. You might check out the reviews that other members have already done.

First Stike FS-1 « FridgeFTA Satellite Store

Glorystar Support Forum - SatelliteGuys.US

This the forum you probably are looking for. I am hearing that the East coast and GA have more problems than the central states and west coast on this transponder, possibly because of adjacent satelite interferance....

I traveled quite a bit in that area before 11842 was up and had no problem finding the sat. But the TP was a known problem when the SDA decided to move there.
POP

Based on the information gathered by the GloryStar support team while assisting thousands of Galaxy19 re-aims during the past five months, I would have to disagree with the observation that the East coast is experiencing degraded reception of the 11842 transponder. We have not identified any geographic region that is experiencing an increase in reported reception issues of this transponder. I installed several systems in Atlanta, Georgia for the Adventist GC during June and the transponder Signal Quality readings were nearly identical to testing results in New York, Kansas, Texas, California and Washington state.

The adjacent satellite interference on tp frequency 11842 can be minimized by slightly panning the dish west and using several transponders for maximizing and balancing the Signal Quality readings on tp frequency 11842 and 12115.

Brian, I stand corrected. I was going by the number of posts from the east coast vs. the number of posts from our side of the nation that said they were having problems. Perhaps there just are not as many repoints over here ... ??? I have had very few problems. And BTW checking the angle on the arm of like dishes ignores whether the post is plumb -- same angle regardless of the lean of the pole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)