Galaxy 3C and Galaxy 19 on one dish possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

s0z3

Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
is it possible to get these 2 sat on one dish. i currently got galaxy 3c but i want 19 too without putting another dish in.ty

Need more info for a 'guesstimation'. Bu usually, 2° is 'tight' on just about any dish. 4° is usually 'do-able'. To get to 2° you may have to 'Siamese' the feedhorns. Seem to remember, quite a while ago, something like this, but don't remember if it was for 2 or 4°.(???)
C or Ku? What dish?

Unless you use a large dish the odds of getting both reliably are pretty slim. The smaller the dish is (30,36,39) the spot where the LNB's have to be are too close for a normal LNB to be put together to work.

Now if you had a 1.2m dish (4 foot) then the odds of making it work are better

If you get a couple of the GeosatPro LNB's that are designed for 4 degree spacing on a 36" dish would probably work on a 1.2m dish...
http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=666&ws_cat=433

Here is a old pic of when I had 2 LNB's aimed 3.8 degrees apart (107.3 & 111.1 for Shaw Direct sub) on the 1.2 meter dish. Now the LNB head is pretty big there but if you got a newer LNB that isnt so wide it would probably work

What size dish are you working with?

Attachments

• 100_0281.jpg
    100_0281.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 260
Same song, 100th verse...

Some years ago, one of the members developed a simple equation to predict LNB spacing.
It took into account such variables as viewers location, orbital position, and focal length, all of which impact the results.
(and maybe other things; it's been a while since I looked at the solution)
It's time we quit guessing, and did it right; it's not hard!

Yep not on a 90cm dish. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SatelliteGuys

I have a 90 cm. dish fixed to Galaxy 3C @ 95w and I guess by sheer luck I also get Azteca @93w but signal is not strong (sometimes watchable, sometimes not) just like Iceberg said is very difficult to get 2 close reliable signals.
I tried getting both 95 and 97 on a 90 cmts dish but just like mentioned it´s too close to work.
Therefore I also have another dish fixed at 97W ;)

Wescopc took two GEOSATpro bullet LNBFs and used a belt sander to grind down the housing and scalar to receive 2 degree separation satellites. Can be done with modifications!

Yea, but as I recall, that was on a bigger dish.
...if memory serves....
(1.2mtr?).

We need to find the link to his thread.

I have a 30 inch dish and universal lnb connected to galaxy 3c now. I also have a 36 inch dish. Thanks guys. Have anyone of you try to get 2 sateelite with 2 degrees apart before. Whats would you recommend. I have a usb birdog meter.

According to the references, linked to, in posts #13 & #14 it's going to be impossible with your dish.
[the birdog meter won't help the situation]
Whats would you recommend(?).
Read those posts referenced. Then, with a 1.2m dish and some 'machining of a couple of LNBF's, you could try.

I have a 30 inch dish and universal lnb connected to galaxy 3c now. I also have a 36 inch dish. Thanks guys. Have anyone of you try to get 2 sateelite with 2 degrees apart before. Whats would you recommend. I have a usb birdog meter.

Hi, I did a 2-degree experiment once, and it worked for me. BJU dish, pointed at 97w, receiving both 97w and 99w. 99w quality was 45-55, if I remember correctly. I think quality would have been better if I had those small bullet lnbfs.

IMG_1656.JPGIMG_1655.JPGIMG_1654.JPG

If you just want CCTV off of 95w then I think it can be done since it is so strong. I would leave the LNB for 97w in its regular spot and tuned in as best as possible. Then I would take a cheap LNB, hold it near the 97w LNB and using the receiver or a basic meter find the best 95w signal. As stated previously parts of the LNB scalar rings would overlap so you are going to need to grind off a section of them on the 95w LNB. As long as you don't grind into the feedhorn itself it should still work pretty good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)