Galaxy Gear Watch -- Interesting Device

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I bought myself an early christmas present this weekend. I bought one of the Galaxy Gear Watches to pair with my SIII.

It's a very interesting device. It catches phone calls, contacts, and other notifications, as well as syncing the weather
and time from the phone.

It's connected to the phone via Bluetooth.

I'm still learning about it, but so far I like it.

Since your phone can only pair with one bluetooth device at a time; how does it work with a BT headset or the BT connection to your car audio?

They can pair with multiple devices at the same time, and does so. Still talks to Sync in my car and the watch at the same time.

Read up on the BT spec :)

They can pair with multiple devices at the same time, and does so. Still talks to Sync in my car and the watch at the same time.

Read up on the BT spec :)

Ahh, did not know that. Thanks Larry!! :)

We're you able to get any kind of discount on that Samsung? At $299 it is a bit steep. The Sony SW2 is now being discounted and I saw the lowest price was $158 on Black Friday.

We're you able to get any kind of discount on that Samsung? At $299 it is a bit steep. The Sony SW2 is now being discounted and I saw the lowest price was $158 on Black Friday.
I was not, but I was still interested. It was my Christmas/New Job present to me :)

LER- or anyone else with this model watch. What apps do you have running and/or what are available for the Samsung. Sony is now up over 200 apps. I have 21 different apps loaded on mine now. But I trashed 3 that were useless / redundant. I get 3 days battery life on mine and wish it were longer.

I've put some of the quickview apps on the watch, and the standard load. I've not been that impressed with them, but I've also been very busy with the job change, et al.

I haven't counted the apps available from SamsungApps.

More later.