Galaxy S III

I've had an AT&T Galaxy S3 for 3 months now and I like it. LTE is very good here in the Tulsa and OKC metro's. The display is great. The touch screen is very good, possibly a little over sensitive. The Jelly Bean update really made this phone great.

It was my first daily use android phone. I have an android tablet, but I was always using iPhones since they came out. The S3 is very light weight, a little hard to hold on to with the slick plastic back. I could barely get thru the day on one charge until I turned the brightness down to 50-55% and now I get about the same battery use as my 4s had. I am around 35-40% at the end of the day.

This is the first time since I started using iPhones that I haven't put a case on the phone. It is a very slick phone, but I haven't felt the need for a case yet. My nephews have an acase and an urban armor case on their S3's, but they're also tossing them into their football and baseball equipment bags during practice and stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089YS4CK/?tag=satell01-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FXMWGI/?tag=satell01-20

For me I think it is the perfect size, although I do like my dad's Galaxy Note also.

Can't understand why; the google voice translator is spectacular on the s3 but the telephone voice commands suck when compared to my old ip4. I gave up on using voice calling.

But, the big screen was worth making the change and google maps still much superior.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SatelliteGuys

I'm eligible for upgrade, this is one of the phones available from At&t ... anyone use and are there good cases, carriers for?

I just bought one Saturday due to being tired of the Thunderbolt and with the new update it just keeps rebooting trying to update the software.

It is not nearly as big as the Note 2

That's an issue with me ;) when I pick up the wife's S3 it just seems so small. The Note2 has spoiled me and I couldn't go to anything smaller. A coworker handed me his iphone to show me a video and it felt like a kids toy phone, awkwardness.

The size isn't for everyone but even in a otterbox defender it fits in the front pocket of my 32's just fine. Definitely not meant for the skinny jean wearing crowd though.

Sent from my little Note2

i believe i read at cnet that the s4 is due out in march.

I have heard announcement in march availability in April.

as for the size we all have different preferences. I remember when smaller was considered cool. Get the size that is right fir you---or wait for Apple to makea phone that size and decide it is right then.

That would be great I'll be looking into the GS4 for my upgrade which is coming up soon... I've had my HTC EVO for a while, almost considered getting the GS3 by the end of the month but sounds like I will be better off waiting a bit more. I can why phablets are gaining so much popularity but that just seems to be a bit much.

Bostitch Stapler - 1 Galaxy S3 - 0

My 3 month old Galaxy S3 took a stapler drop on my desk this afternoon from about 18 inches and shattered the screen. Ordering a new glass, to try and replace it myself. No one around here will touch it for less than $300. They all want to replace the glass and digitizer together.

I will have to decide on a replacement, if my surgical skills are not up to par.

For anyone who has the gt-i9300 (international quad-core S3, not the dual core typically found with us carriers) android 4.2.1 was leaked that provides even more voice command controls and other features. The odin build was built from a dump of a phone with the middle east firmware and doesnt include the modem (uses your existing).. so if youre interested in trying it out it can be found.

I believe it was samworld that had it and I may try flashing it later this afternoon

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bostitch Stapler - 1 Galaxy S3 - 0

My 3 month old Galaxy S3 took a stapler drop on my desk this afternoon from about 18 inches and shattered the screen. Ordering a new glass, to try and replace it myself. No one around here will touch it for less than $300. They all want to replace the glass and digitizer together.

I will have to decide on a replacement, if my surgical skills are not up to par.
That's what scared me away besides the size... looked easy to break.

Ok guys, I need some advice.

I currently have a Samsung Epic, with the physical keyboard, I have never had just a virtual keyboard and really like the physical one better.

This is making me consider the Motorola Photon.

If I knew I could easily get comfortable with the virtual keyboard, my choices would be the S 3 or an Iphone, Iphone I've never had either.

The S3 is larger than my current phone, I thought my epic was a bigger phone, really don't want to go any larger as I put mine now in my front pocket.

I've heard good things about the S3, Photon and the Iphone 5 .
My main use for the phone is as a phone and texting, occasionally emailing.

Also, my new car does Bluetooth Messaging (text), if the phone is capable.
My Epic isn't, have you guys heard about the Bluetooth Messaging, the far will read the text to you while your driving.
May not be a big thing, but if one of these does that, that would be helpful as well.

Ok, whats you guys input on these choices ?

Or any better options ?

Jumbo:
It's your money, but I would recommend the S3 over iPhone 5.
I have been using an iPhone 4 for a year, and the 5 is very nice.
But I have lunch daily with a buddy who has had the S3 for 6+ months.
I'm very impressed with Jelly Bean, the current Android.

It's cheaper.
Buy it outright for around $500 (less if used), then spend $45/month on unlimited Straight Talk for it.
That's what i'm doing. The underlying carrier is AT&T .

Second choice? Read up on the new Google 4" phone.
Big screen. Unlocked. Good price. Info on Internet.
Check T-mobile store, to hold one.

What will I get next? Probably a used or broken iPhone 4S. ;)

I used to have a phone with a keyboard and now with this phone and even the last one I had, the keyboard is not missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts