Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Issue

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I've noticed that whenever I get a call my car's display will say Unknown. This only started happening when I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S4. The display would show the proper contact just fine coming from the iPhone 4S before it. My phone book has already been uploaded to my car's system twice now.

Anyone else seeing this?

Try clearing out your phone records on the car. If that doesn't work try googling it and see if others have the same issue. What sort of car do you have? I don't typically sync my contacts onto my car since I so rarely get phone calls.

Did you upload it after getting your S4? It seems the entries get wiped out with a new phone. Like there's an underlying guid or something.

I did a complete phonebook sync after getting the new phone. I can go to the phone portion of the car radio and see all of my contacts. I have a 2012 Toyota Camry with the Entune system. Like I said this worked just fine with my iPhone 4S. I would get a call and immediately the name and number from my contact showed up. What's strange is after I answer the "Unknown" call, the display will then show the correct number and unknown for the person who called.

I have read on other sites from people with the same system that they are experiencing the same problem I am. No fix so far.

I did a complete phonebook sync after getting the new phone. I can go to the phone portion of the car radio and see all of my contacts. I have a 2012 Toyota Camry with the Entune system. Like I said this worked just fine with my iPhone 4S. I would get a call and immediately the name and number from my contact showed up. What's strange is after I answer the "Unknown" call, the display will then show the correct number and unknown for the person who called.

I have read on other sites from people with the same system that they are experiencing the same problem I am. No fix so far.

What car ?

I am using the S4 in my 2013 Fusion and the calls show correctly, provided they are ones from my contacts, don't know if I've had any calls from people outside of my contacts though.

What car ?

I am using the S4 in my 2013 Fusion and the calls show correctly, provided they are ones from my contacts, don't know if I've had any calls from people outside of my contacts though.

2012 Toyota Camry. These numbers are on my contact list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)