GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
GAME ON! Echostar XI successfully reaches Geo-synchronous Transfer orbit!

Congratulations to the team over at Loral Space Systems, Sea-Launch and Echostar / Dish Network. Echostar XI has successfully reached Geo-Synchronous Transfer orbit at 22,500 Miles above the earth at 211am EDT and successful separation at 221am EDT. We wish you luck and happy testing with many years of service on this new and more than welcomed addition to your satellite fleet. Lets do it again!

Echostar XI's duty station will be at the 110 orbital location after testing.

EDIT: UPDATE ECHOSTAR XI AQUISATION PROCESS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL GO ECHOSTAR XI! TIME: 2:32am EDT

Last edited:
Congrats to Dish Network and Sea-Launch. I hope this means more stuff in the future, like maybe my frigging locals..

Also congrats to Goaliebob in getting his Ham Ticket.. 73 de K1XVM. ;)

Maybe We'll finally get KTLA in HD now.

Screw the Eastern Arc, west coast needs some action. :)

congratulations. it's about time we had a successful launch. now we need another one.:up

Odd, according to the mission results on the SL site, they were looking for a 6.2 degree inclination, which they got. Launching from the equator, why not get zero right off the bat and save fuel?

Also, I thought the comments from the Dish folks during the launch were interesting. Sounds like lowering the FEC is definitely in the cards.

man, the cold medicine beat me last night and I slept through it. So, what will we benefit from this bird. I think it is at 110 right? So new CONUS until the eastern and western arc seperate? Any spot beams on it to show the west coast some love?

I like good news
(and not to take it OT, but with any luck it will be a great wednesday - start with a sucessful launch and follow it up with an active uplink report)

We could not get Eastern Arc without the success of this launch.

Way to go Echostar XI!!!!!!

Thought I heard a earthquake coming from Colorado. It was just Charlie throwing one big ass party early this morning.:)

Congrats to all involved.:clap Watched the launch this morning off the 622. Looks like it went off without any hiccups. Well done.:up

Hold the party

We could not get Eastern Arc without the success of this launch.

Way to go Echostar XI!!!!!!

Thought I heard a earthquake coming from Colorado. It was just Charlie throwing one big ass party early this morning.:)

I would hold off on the party until the testing is done, knowing Charlie's luck. Just because it made it there does not mean its fully operational.

Just a point of clarification -- the satellite is in Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit, it isn't in Geosynchronous orbit quite yet ;)

They'll clean up the inclination as part of correcting the orbit to fully Geosynchronous.

Best,

Unfortunately, West Coasters are going to have to wait until Ciel 2 is up at 129w with its spotbeam capabilities before they see any large increase in HD LIL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)