GameSwap what do you think?

One cool feature about this is the fact that I can switch back and fourth between 4 programs by using only 2 buttons, the PREVIOUS button and the "down arrow" button.

I put two programs each on each tuner for a total of 4. Use the Previous button to switch between the two programs on the same tuner and use the down arrow to switch between tuners.

Last edited:
I miss the Toggle Tuner option on the yellow button. I could understand the idea of moving the option down to below CC since ppl where complaining it was messing up their precious macros but still wish it was there somewhere. Also this having to press the down arrow twice to start using DLB is semi annoying but thats just me I guess.

Agreed. Wish it was just always on.
I am glad it is not always on. I do not want both tuners active unless I need them to be. It is just extra work for the hard drive and processor that does not need to occur. The issues I have had with all of my TiVOs were directly related to DLB. I would be willing to bet that if I could chose to turn it off most of the issues would not have occurred.

I am glad it is not always on. I do not want both tuners active unless I need them to be. It is just extra work for the hard drive and processor that does not need to occur. The issues I have had with all of my TiVOs were directly related to DLB. I would be willing to bet that if I could chose to turn it off most of the issues would not have occurred.

That's why it needs to be an option. Some people like it on all the time, others don't.

That's why it needs to be an option. Some people like it on all the time, others don't.
If it is always on, then it is not an option. Once you turn it on, then it remains on for 2 straight hours or as long as you use it.

If it is always on, then it is not an option. Once you turn it on, then it remains on for 2 straight hours or as long as you use it.

It's not an option to choose 2Hr/4Hr/6Hr/Always On (or whatever is implemented)? I guess to me an option is when you can choose from 2 or more, well... options. No?

I don't mind the name GameSwap, the majority of use for DLB is sports viewers.

They're trying to get creative names for everything so they can market it, their latest comercials featured DVR scheduler, GameSearch, ScoreGuide, the Iphone app, etc.

GameSwap will fit right in.

I'm sure we'll see a creative name for MRV sometime soon too.

Yeah, I guess I don't care what they call it since I know what it really is. Although, if I describe it to other people I won't call it GameSwap because some of them will lose interest once they hear the word 'Game' and won't make the connection because either they don't play games or watch games/sports. But some would certainly have an interest in the DLB function.

It's not an option to choose 2Hr/4Hr/6Hr/Always On (or whatever is implemented)? I guess to me an option is when you can choose from 2 or more, well... options. No?

:up :up :up

Yes, please make it an option to leave it on all the time. Go ahead and leave the default setting to 2 hours, but please give me and others the option to make it always on.

I'm glad they made it default to background tuner when starting a recording, that was a good change. I don't really like the name, but at the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter. I use it for more than keeping up with simultaneous games. My favorite use is to be able to pause some lame show that the wife is watching so i can switch over and check out a score, weather report, news flash, start buffering a different show, etc...

always on option please! :)

otherwise, i still think this is a fantastic implementation right out of the gates. i thought it was near perfect the first week when my only issue was it picking the foreground tuner when starting a new recording.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but is this feature in the current version of the nation al release for HR20 receivers? (0x312)

I have been trying like mad to find this info but I can't

Newsflash for DirecTV: not all of their customers are sports fanatics! A) calling it gameswap makes me think that I can only use it during sports (well, not me, but the average consumer) B) the usability of it stinks. First, why isn't it just always on? Why does it turn off after two hours? The hard drive is always running and recording so it's not some way to save the drive. C) The "you're buffering these two shows, which one do you want to change from" thing is dumb. Just make it work like Tivo. If I'm on Channel 100 and channel 200 on the tuners, if I'm watching 100 when I press channel up, then stop buffering channel 100. If channel 100 is an active recording, then change the other tuner. If they're both recording (not just buffering) THEN bug me about what I wan to do.

I haven't had the need to use this much, but had a really hard time getting the two channels figured out. Getting the right two to record was a pain. Perhaps that's been improved in this week's CE and I just haven't tried it yet. I know, I know... I need to beta test the beta software. Maybe later this week I'll have the opportunity.

Now that GameSwap name is DoublePlay and a anykeypress(except volume and mute)2 hour timeout reactivation feature has been added it's possible to keep DoublePlay active as long a you use the remote control.

To use DoublePlay: Tune to the channel you want(Your on Tuner 1) press the Down Arrow twice(DoublePlay is activated) now tune to another channel you want(Your on Tuner 2) now by pressing the Down Arrow once you can pause and swap between Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. ;)

If for some reason you want to reset DoublePlay do a System Test.

Last edited:
For me, the holy grail would be coupling DLB with a kind of "make your own mix channel", One big screen, two channels going same time, flip between audio and be able to rewind/pause each of them independently.

I am glad it is not always on. I do not want both tuners active unless I need them to be. It is just extra work for the hard drive and processor that does not need to occur. The issues I have had with all of my TiVOs were directly related to DLB.

What issues did you have that were related to DLB? I never really had any issues with my DTiVos, much less any I could attribute to DLB. It always worked fine on hardware that is now a 10 year old design, on hard drives that had a fraction of the bandwidth of current hard drives. I have to agree with Vurbano here... it worked well on the TiVo, so why can't they just replicate that?

What issues did you have that were related to DLB? I never really had any issues with my DTiVos, much less any I could attribute to DLB. It always worked fine on hardware that is now a 10 year old design, on hard drives that had a fraction of the bandwidth of current hard drives. I have to agree with Vurbano here... it worked well on the TiVo, so why can't they just replicate that?

Because DirecTV HDDVR+ is not a DirecTivo?.That's my guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)