Garage Tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

poosey

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
ky
Hello guys,

Thanks for letting me sign up.

Question is this. I guess I am old school, just went to satelitte last summer. I have direct tv, I have a HD/DVR and 3 regular recievers. Just wanting to know if I run a cable to my garage tv now can I still get some channels? I am by No means trying to cheat Direct or anyone else, I have started working on the side in my garage and have found that i listen to the tv alot more than i thought I would. I do not want all the channels and etc... I also do not need or want a reciver out there.I do not want to get a bigger splitter outside and all that. I got the DTV box and hooked it up out there with very, very, minimal channels that will come in. I had cable hooked up to this tv without a box, because it is cable ready, with tuner built in.

Thanks for listening and helping.
Poosey:up

Do you have a DirecTV receiver in the house near your garage? You potentially could take an unused output and run a line to the garage TV. You'd have to watch whatever was being watched inside but you'd have TV. That's not "cheating" DirecTV. My own solution was to use my OTA for the garage TV but recently the TV, an old SD model, gave up the ghost and it's not worth me getting a digital capable set or another SD TV and converter.

Hey Thanks for the info!! Yes, The living room is beside the garage, the DVR is in there. I did not realize you had to watch the same thing:confused:, oh well, that defeats some of the purpose.

Thanks for your help Sir!!:up

You'd just have to watch the same thing on that particular receiver because it's only capable of outputting a single channel. Unfortunately dual tuners, in the case of HD DVR's, doesn't mean dual output in the sense of watching two different shows simultaneously. I think Dish can do that but not DirecTV, at least not right now.

I have these hooked up in my bedroom and garage. I do have to watch the same channel in the garage that is on in the bedroom, but we normally only watch in the bedroom at night so that's not an issue.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technologies-Leapfrog-LF-30S-Distribution/dp/B00009UHXR/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235784248&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Terk Technologies Leapfrog LF-30S Wireless 2.4 GHz A/V Distribution System: Electronics[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts