Gas Price Info With National Gas Temperature Map

There is no way it goes back down to $30, the $80 is more believable.

There is no way it goes back down to $30, the $80 is more believable.

NO WAY is too strong... unlikely maybe....

I still think things are coming way down, back to $50 a barrel.... The LAST time a price spike caused people to dramatically curtail their usage, prices crashed in the early 80's.

There is nothing preventing a similar situation now. The terrorism surcharge (that phantom $40 value where people think that supply will be dramatically constrained any day now) is going away when Bush leaves. All those priuses replacing SUVs will add up to real savings (and people are lined up to get them, so there will be even more collapse in demand as supply catches up to pent up demand there....)

With the higher prices wiping out China and India's advantages, there is a real drag on their growth. The US, (gasp) is reclaiming lost jobs, because it is cheaper to produce and use things here, then to export raw materials overseas, build them there, and ship them back.

Oh, and the dollar is starting to charge back as the world teeters towards worldwide recession, as it usually does, as all those big money folks look for a safe haven...

Artificial forces had increased prices, and now the momentum will chase the speculators that had bid up prices. Add it all up, and that SUV might not be so expensive in a year or two (and since their resale value has fallen by 50% over the last three years - they are a real bargain now as most people want nothing to do with them....... now. If oil hits $50 again, I think they come roaring back in popularity.....

The ones about to get creamed are the alternative energy folks that NEED oil to be $80 a barrel or higher to compete..... Silver lining is that the ethanol subsidies go away and food prices come down to boot....

Gas is running at about 3.64 in most places here in central FL. Though I have found one gas station that is always about .10 cents cheaper off I-4.

The media has everyone worked into a totally unneeded frenzy. There is a freaking Valero refinery right here in Memphis, yet gas still shot up .30 - .50 cents overnight, there are lines 30 - 60 cars deep at nearly every station and some stations are already sold out. GEEZ! The Houston Coast area refines or controls about 23% - 26% of the refinery capacity for the US, but we are not going to be without gas; PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN! And any distributors or station owners ramping up prices more than .20 - .30 within a week should be charged!

It depends on the area..... the Gulf refineries and platforms got damaged or destroyed by the storm, so they have to assess the damage....

Here on the east coast, supplies and refineries are unaffected, so any spikes should go away quickly.... still too much demand destruction as all those SUVs get traded in for Priuses and smaller cars.....

The media has everyone worked into a totally unneeded frenzy. There is a freaking Valero refinery right here in Memphis, yet gas still shot up .30 - .50 cents overnight, there are lines 30 - 60 cars deep at nearly every station and some stations are already sold out. GEEZ! The Houston Coast area refines or controls about 23% - 26% of the refinery capacity for the US, but we are not going to be without gas; PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN! And any distributors or station owners ramping up prices more than .20 - .30 within a week should be charged!

We have on here in Catlettsburg, KY and prices shot up here to $3.99 and $4.15 in WV.

Oil down to $92 a barrel and gas going up. This is stupid. I don't get my gas from Galveston, so it shouldn't effect us.

Oil jumped $25 today, which is the biggest one day jump ever. It settled at about $16 higher for the day.